Old and svelte vs new and fat

new-vs-old-cars-ford-mustang.jpg

Never understood why pictures like this make the new car look good

Spotted in the parking lot at work today. SHO and SHOfat.

iY5Nr6O.jpg

Don't mind the spider web that is our parking surface.

Last edited:
That just means there are three years until it gets repaved.

LSOZmcD.jpg

Especially considering the ND is tiny compared to other modern cars.

The perspective makes the ND look much bigger than the NA when it really isn't. Also, the rear of the ND looks fat , but isn't. Look at the picture of the two models from the front a few posts up.

True - I haven't realised you posted that picture.

Not my picture:

Not my picture:

This is definitely one case where I'd choose the old over the new.

FYI: I was on AutoTrader the other day looking at NSXes for a lark. Looks like they've already hit the bottom of the depreciation curve and are working their way back up now. 40-50k large for a 20 yr old car.... with 200k on the odo. :blink:

Last edited:
[video=youtube;vgk-lA12FBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk[/video]
This one's a case for analog > digital. The old car is a proper super car that actually revolutionized supercars courtesy of its reliability, yet was no less desirable for it. It's also beautiful to look at, and to listen to.

By comparison, the new one is not revolutionary, generic looking (and downright ugly in comparison to its older sibling), overweight, stupidly expensive, and sounds like it has pneumonia. It leaves me cold.

This is definitely one case where I'd choose the old over the new.

FYI: I was on AutoTrader the other day looking at NSXes for a lark. Looks like they've already hit the bottom of the depreciation curve and are working their way back up now. 40-50k large for a 20 yr old car.... with 200k on the odo. :blink:

That happened almost 10 years ago already. At their cheapest they were around 20-25k eur in Europe at least. Not that I would've followed the price development of cars like that.. :rolleyes: