Ownership Verified: Old car out, new car in.. could've gone smoother

Very nice. Good to see it's not just the US spec headlights that do that.

The earliest cars that got plastic lenses here are starting to get headlight cataract now. But we used glass lenses far longer in this part of the world, I think.

Apparently car is sensing its for sale now.. right rear window motor / regulator just cracked couple of times and then gave up... Now to find a scrapped car with electric rear windows from a country where suomi spec is the norm...

Thanks to Perc I got a right spare part number and manufacturer which does sell the lifting mechanism alone and 70? later I now have a working rear window regulator...

Funny that none of the places you asked could find one for you. It took me all of 3 minutes. :p

I'm glad it was the correct one though. It's always a bit risky to just throw someone a parts number across the internet and not be able to take any responsibility if it's wrong.

Funny that none of the places you asked could find one for you. It took me all of 3 minutes. :p

I'm glad it was the correct one though. It's always a bit risky to just throw someone a parts number across the internet and not be able to take any responsibility if it's wrong.
Well maybe I asked from the wrong person / stores :)

A no-fault MOT inspection yesterday. 15 months to the next one, yay!

This happened couple of weeks ago.
towing_st170.jpg
First time my ford went so fast going backwards! Long story short, alternator gave up and insurance took care of the towing bill to the nearest garage + my traveling fees to home and back picking the car from the garage. 2 days later I had a new alternator and focus is running fine again.

Bump.. New battery in and the car is up for sale again, starting with not so interesting trade offers (my specs for trade is newer, less kms on the odo, station wagon and preferably diesel).
- Volvo s40 2.0t -01 244tkm
- Saab 9-5 3,0TID v6 vector -01 205tkm
- Kia Sportage (140hp version) 2.0 diesel -06 129tkm

- Saab 9-5 3,0TID v6 vector -01 205tkm
Are those engines any good? The 3L gasoline engine we got was a half-assed GM lump, but no idea about the diesels.

Apparently it is a based on a isuzu 2.7 diesel engine.

Diesel engines

Typical problems for the 3.0TiD ('01-'06 Isuzu) engine are the EGR valve and dropped cylinder liners. Both can be very expensive to fix and many avoid the 9-5 with 3.0 liter diesel engine. 2.2TiD engine ('02-'06 Opel) and 1.9TiD ('06-'09 Fiat) seem to be the better diesel engine choices.

List goes on, now -08 seat altia xl 1.9tdi 250tkm... nah..
-94 s-class merc with 2.8v6 and 339tkm. almost newer, less driven, diesel wagon.

- - - Updated - - -

I want it for the Euro bumpers. :D
For bumper, special price for you only 4500? and you can have the rest of the car as a freebie on the side

Last edited:
Apparently I sold the car. The new owner comes to pick it up at wednesday evening. Sad to see it go, but I need more space in the future and decided to sell it while I get some money for it. 270k km on the clock (188-270k driven by me) and i have enjoyed almost every km of it..

btw, if anyone wants. I have an extra camshaft for the st170 (the timing slot is damaged, otherwise it is in working condition). :)