Old FinalCraft Server Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the time to run the server right now, so I'm working on getting it updated and documented so that Quiky can take over. Since I don't even have a computer that can play Minecraft right now, I need to pass the torch. I do hope to have it updated to 1.2.5 this week though.

Is anyone playing to making the "stress" worthwhile?

I think Galantti is still playing, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

Eventually I will get this working

Server is currently broken. Won't send chunks out to the clients and freezes up.. have not had time to diagnose it further and fix it.

Server is currently broken. Won't send chunks out to the clients and freezes up.. have not had time to diagnose it further and fix it.

Maybe it's time to try to get the 1.2.5 client mods working. The 1.2.5 test server I set up appears to be running fine, but I can't test it because even if I did want to suffer through 1-2 fps testing, I don't have the time to compile the modpack. It's on port 25566.

a wild test-server :eek:
a wild 1.2.5 :eek:

where! changing port no worky :(

I seem to have accidentallly bought this thing. I've been following a few LP-ers on youtube for a while, like Kurt, EditZP and VintageBeef and finally decided to try it out. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the theory, I'm just derping around in creative mode right now getting used to the controls.

What's the server like? Is it a static world where each player gets a lot to build his stuff on and explore otherwise?

I seem to have accidentallly bought this thing. I've been following a few LP-ers on youtube for a while, like Kurt, EditZP and VintageBeef and finally decided to try it out. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the theory, I'm just derping around in creative mode right now getting used to the controls.

What's the server like? Is it a static world where each player gets a lot to build his stuff on and explore otherwise?

there is creative where you can build anything, and community tekkit -castle that dig a hole and then just converted the unusable cobblestone into UU-matter that can be converted into diamonds.

Sadly the server is up, but we don't have a client to play it with. :(

Any more progress on this? I've been trying to get the client to work with all the mods installed on the new test server but they just don't seem to be compatible. Forestry always seems to crash and the Forge version always seems to be incompatible with something. :(

Seems silly having the server up but no client.

I don't have time to work on this at all. I don't even have a computer that can play Minecraft, but Quiky did say he'd try to get things working. Minecraft 1.3 is coming out on August 1, so I think maybe he was waiting for that. I suppose we could spin up a Tekkit server if people really want.

basic tekkit maybe?

and then decited @ 1.3 what to do :p

Out of interest, are there any plans now that 1.3 is out? Do we want to wait until a compatible version of Tekkit is released?

Tekkit itself has already been updated, however it's incompatible with the old version so removes all of your machines from the world.

OK so every time I try to insert an emoticon it cuts off the post...

Anyway it's annoying that the Technic Pack forces itself to AppData, on my SSD which doesn't have previous versions enabled...

Last edited:
So New world for 1.3 (in tekkit for simplicity's sake)?

i vote for that, would get some bored people to play it too.

So New world for 1.3 (in tekkit for simplicity's sake)?

i vote for that, would get some bored people to play it too.

Yeah I vote for that, Tekkit adds so much to the game.

Yeah, I think it's probably time we made it simple. I stopped playing because all the addons just made things too complicated to update and keep updated. The Tekkit launcher is a good one, though.

Can we just set up a vanilla server in the mean time? I'm bored in SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.