Old school analogue or new school digital? in-car....

Analogue gauges in the driver side and all dials that can be possible :D

Something like this :mrgreen:

dsc08116ez2.jpg

And I really hate this dashes

2008-citroen-c4-sedan-cockpit-interior-view-588x422.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't say no to this gauge
bw_08reventon_dash2.jpg

Most analogues are better than digital gauges though. The readability at a glance can't be beat. You don't know the exact value while looking ahead but you can guesstimate it to +-10kmh.
With a digital dash you have to look down and actually focus on the number to know your speed.

It's like in digital and analogue watches. Quick glance for analogue, longer glance for digital.

I wouldn't say no to this gauge
bw_08reventon_dash2.jpg

Most analogues are better than digital gauges though. The readability at a glance can't be beat. You don't know the exact value while looking ahead but you can guesstimate it to +-10kmh.
With a digital dash you have to look down and actually focus on the number to know your speed.

It's like in digital and analogue watches. Quick glance for analogue, longer glance for digital.

Where's that from? an X-wing fighter? ...... no offence man but that's FUGLY! :blink:

Analogue. Digital seems tacky for the most part, apart from some really wacky yet awesome 80s gauges from Mazda and Nissan. There's also something awesome about the swooping startup of dials in Lexuses (Lexii?), about the only thing I like about any Lexus..

I dont care either way, but you cant look at this video and think its not at least a little bit cool!

[youtube]bP5hmP_A4yg[/youtube]

Digital is just lamely 80s and really nerdy. Like that watch with the calculator built in that that asian kid in your class in grade school always had.

I'd much rather have an analog clock or watch, and the same applies to my car.

In fact, just look at this, it's one of the best looking dashes in production right now, and it's dragged immensely down in quality by the tiny little digital display in the radio:

2007-Rolls-Royce-Phantom-Silver-Das.jpg

This is good!
honda_civichybrid_cvtatpzev_2008_interior_steeringwheel_640x480.jpg

2007-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Interior-12.jpg

Or this weird pre-BMW Rolls without a RPM meter?
DSC06818.jpg

That's from the Lamborghini Reventon.

So its expensive and impractical

This is good!
honda_civichybrid_cvtatpzev_2008_interior_steeringwheel_640x480.jpg

2007-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Interior-12.jpg

That burns the eyes. Your taste is for laser floyd at the planetarium. I get it but i don't need all that information why I still drive my SAAB at night in night mode.

Or this weird pre-BMW Rolls without a RPM meter?
DSC06818.jpg

All Rolls are automatic so why would you need an RPM meter in the backseat?

In fact, just look at this, it's one of the best looking dashes in production right now, and it's dragged immensely down in quality by the tiny little digital display in the radio:
And the Volvo 240 heater controls :lol:

Also I like having a knob for my temperature and music volume and not up/down buttons.

Last edited:
I'd prefer nice analog instruments, but the F1-style cluter of my car is actually pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    850.8 KB · Views: 68
Analogue. Digital seems tacky for the most part, apart from some really wacky yet awesome 80s gauges from Mazda and Nissan. There's also something awesome about the swooping startup of dials in Lexuses (Lexii?), about the only thing I like about any Lexus..

My Toyota does that (if it's what it sounds like), so the best thing about a Lexus is even on an inexpensive daily driver.

Last edited:
Beautiful:

http://img12.imageshack.**/img12/3259/f57e27.jpg