puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
You heard me.

For.

The.

Win.

Yeah, old floatyboat Oldsmobiles are a bit of a guilty pleasure. Expecially from the 80s (and older). The more faux-baroque 1980s cheese, the better, IMHO. Would I own one? NO! We did that when I was little. They're cars I'd rather be chauffeured in--not ones I want to drive. But are squeaky-clean, unmolested grandma-mobiles still as cool as it gets? YES.

So, yes. Post some gott dang Oldsmobiles or GET OFF MY LAWN.

Here's one I saw the other day--complete with white walls! Gotta have the white walls:

840433e435c811e28e5722000a9f195f_7.jpg

Last edited:
Rick, have you hijacked coco's account?

I actually really like that first-gen Aurora, the spaceship-like one.
0922091806e.jpg
It's kinda reminiscent of a Lincoln Mark VIII in sedan form.

Last edited:
Okay, I don't like that one. It's from that era when they ceased to be fabulously gaudy and started looking like...blobs with grasshopper butts. That's a rickhamilton car right there.

oldsmobile-vista-cruiser-03.jpg

With a 455

Okay, I don't like that one. It's from that era when they ceased to be fabulously gaudy and started looking like...blobs with grasshopper butts. That's a rickhamilton car right there.

Yeah but c'mon coco, that one from the 80s could've been a Buick or a Chevy, and it pretty much was. You'll have to go back a bit further for a proper good'un: 1972_Oldsmobile_Delta_88_royale_001_3314.jpg

Flamesuit /on

I've always liked these:

oldsmobile-cutlass-supreme-convertible-01.jpg

1124.jpg

You can swap a 5 speed manual in them. Coupled with the 3.4 DOHC they could be pretty brisk...for an early 90's American car.

Yeah but c'mon coco, that one from the 80s could've been a Buick or a Chevy, and it pretty much was. You'll have to go back a bit further for a proper good'un: View attachment 8552
That...that.......is BEAUTIFUL!

It's even brown! Glorious chocolate brown!:wub:

- - - Updated - - -

Let it be known:

270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

Sure, why not?

I had some pleasant memories working at an Oldsmobile/Mercedes Benz dealership back in '88-89. I drove at least one of every model of Oldsmobile that was built in 1989. There were some that really stood out.

One of the managers had a 1989 Toronado Trofeo that I liked to drive. It drove fairly well, and had a color CRT screen on the dash that controlled all of the cars functions.

We had a few of these 98 Touring Sedans at our dealership. For a big, FWD sedan they handled pretty well - at least by late 80's standards.

This is the one that got away. We had a carryover 1988 Delta 88 coupe on our lot, just like the one above except that it had the lace alloy wheels rather than wire wheel covers. Had I been making more money, I would have bought it. Unfortunately, the $20K MSRP was a little too rich for my blood. But man that was a nice car.

Now on to the used car side. I remember one of my favorite used cars being a 1987 442, like the one above. I drove it a couple of times and loved it. It had a great sounding exhaust system, and the 5 liter (307 cubic inch) V8 felt powerful with its 170hp. (It was the 80's - 170hp wasn't that bad back then.) We also had a 1969 Cutlass convertible that we bought - somebody took the owner's word that it was a 442. The used car manager was pissed to find out that the car had a 350 cubic inch engine, rather than the 400 that the 442 had. Looking back, it was probably a W-31 small block car - one of only 26 W-31 convertibles sold in 1969.

I never have driven one of these 98s - although I have driven a similar Buick Electra Park Avenue - but I love these early 80s 98 Regencys. Especially in coupe form like the one pictured. I also like the black exterior with red interior color scheme.

Ours was like this: a 1988 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency Brougham.

Much like this one:

i019919.jpg

Only we had a white vinyl top.

Glad to see on IMCDB that it's been in a car chase AND Lethal Weapon. Awwww yeah!

Last edited:
Well, NO, but...think of the BODY ROLL!

And now, coco posts more Ninety-Eights. Because not racecar. Ohhhh, no. Couch on wheels, foo'!

Dude. Dude. DUDE. It's got a park bench hanging off the back:

sheyenne%20parade%20oldsmobile.jpg

Mmmmm...vintage advertising. Lulz at "European" suspension.

QUuUf.jpg

MOAR!: http://www.productioncars.com/dx5/vintage_car_ads2.php?make2=oldsmobile

4127090380_5413b074a1.jpg

1956-Oldsmobile-Holiday-Ninety-Eight.jpg

Huge pic of epic win convertible: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/cyal8tr/Hot Rods Rule/1958LightBlueOldsmobileNinety-Eight.jpg

59_Oldsmobile_Niney-Eight-DV-09_MBC_03.jpg

Ohhhh that's pretty:

59_Oldsmobile_Niney-Eight-DV-09_MBC_07.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Look at those seats. Dude. Just...look:

4823081976_b42100194a.jpg

Not too supportive, but were they fluffy? You betcha.

Oh, and everything looks cooler in pace car trim:

1960-oldsmobile-ninety-eight.jpg

Awwww yeeeah.

Shiny!

92749d1309791902-1968-oldsmobile-ninety-eight-convertible-loaded-olds-ninety-eight-swanee.jpg

Less shiny, but absolutely hilarious:

Yeah, I'm a stick in the mud who hated the new styling in the early 90s. It didn't age well, IMHO. Everything about this video is so early 90s, it hurts. And in typical later-year Oldsmobile fashion, there's a computer glitch messin' things up.

But...best of all, look at that NOSE DIVE! ROOOOOLLL BODY ROLLLLLLL! Yee-haw.

Last edited:
My first car was a brown '87 Cutlass Ciera. Yup...just like the one in Fargo.

fargociera5.7842.jpg

The Tornado has already been posted so I'll move onto the next most awesome Buick, the Corvette Killer:

buick-regal-gnx-03.jpg

Crap I managed to confuse the two. I need sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

One billion years before European car manufactures knew what a turbo charger was GM made a turbo charged 3.5L aluminum V8. Contained in a unibody coil sprung "compact" sedan. All in '61.

1963_Oldsmobile_F-85_conv-white.jpg

Also any car with Jetfire as an option is immediately cool.

Last edited: