One week vacation on Menorca, May 28th to June 4th

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Mazda MX-5 NB ringmeet fashion accessory
I'm currently on the verge of booking a vacation on Menorca, but at the moment I don't know anybody who would come with me, most people can't get days off, others don't have money or other things already planned.

That's what I'm planning: flying in on May 28th, flying out on June 4th in and out of Hamburg airport, staying at the Son Bou Gardens Apartments and renting a car for getting around the island. Since the apartments have two bedrooms you don't even have to share a room with me. :p

Activities I planned: at least two days just relaxing at the beach, one day in Ciutadella de Menorca with the historic centre, one day at the north coast (more rocky), maybe a hike up the central "mountain", maybe a day of renting a bike and pedaling around, there are plenty of things to do. :) It goes without saying that we don't have to do everything together, that's completely to our whim.

So, what's the cost of all this?
- The apartment costs 250 Euros for the week so 125 Euros if one more person is involved or a shade over 80 for three people
- The rental car (Opel Corsa or similar) is just 76 Euros for the week (38 if we are two people, 25 if we are three people)
- The flight of course depends on from where you fly in, my flight is just 158 for two non-stop flights from/to Hamburg
- Since the apartment is fully equipped we can get inexpensive meals or going to restaurants, that's down to our whim and budget

Addendum: there is nothing car-related on Menorca so it's just a normal vacation - the biggest distance you can cover is about 65 km from one end of the island to the other. :p

Last edited:
I do have three weeks off from Pfingsten... and intend to spend a week or two driving through Norway and/or Sweden, and to catch a week of sailing somewhere in between :p so yeah, no idea why I'm even in here...

Why not its bigger neighbour?

Because I'll be driving/co-driving about 4000 km in July/August to the Nordkapp so this vacation I just want to relax. Menorca is just the right island for that.

Yeah yeah, I'm just teasetrolling... Mallorca prices are bonkers in the proper holiday season anyway, can't get a Micra for the price I paid for my Beetle Convertible off-season.