Ongoing 1995 Camaro Z28 project [56k misses a gear]

Here was my work station. (Garages are for women and girly-boys, real men lay in dirt!)

camz22.jpg

Must resist redneck jokes ...

Seriously though, remove the covers, you have a beautiful engine why hide it away?

People who skipped to 2nd page, dont miss update at the bottom of the 1st page!

I just needed a place to work, and i used the little grass strip near my apartment complex's driveway. Got some funny looks from people walking 2 feet away on the sidewalk :D

Last edited:
Just make it sound like this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z64JxqUjcwE[/YOUTUBE]

Mmmm that SS sounded quite ferocious.

Been busy with school lately, but i got the chance to remove more of the damaged crap from the front of the car in preparation for the new bumper. I also fixed the ghetto intake. But i couldnt take off that left plastic part, because i BROKE A 10MM SOCKET IN HALF! Damn it.

Here was my work station. (Garages are for women and girly-boys, real men lay in dirt!)

camz22.jpg

Next is the biggest problem with the car, the left-front front end of the cars frame (but thankfully not the rest of it) was pretty damaged, i'm waiting for my friend to buy a torch so we can heat this and bend it back into place, or just cut it off and put in a new one. Here are the gory details:

camz21.jpg

Last is another artsy motor shot, because its soooo pretty! :D I dunno if i want to keep those valve covers, but they look nice for now.

camz23.jpg

You've got yourself quite a project. I like the noise in the first video BTW. Sounds quite good. Of course...mine sounds bettar! Mwahahahaha! :mrgreen: j/k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aWIkuofvr8

I'd keep those covers man. THey look good. Are they tall covers? IF they're tall and you want to get rid of em, I wouldn't mind having em!

Are those headers shorties or long tubes?

thats one nice Z28. i just got mine so i havent had any time to do anything to it yet but come the fall i will >:D GL!

New pics! I've been hard at work and the damaged crap on the front is 90% removed, it looks like the car is half built now.

First, a shot of a badge i put on the side of the hatch window, gotta represent the local car club :D

camarop1.jpg

(check out the site, its got lots of cool pictures and information)

I realized i hadnt given you guys a good shot of the back end, so while i was out there i snapped one.(hatch is slightly open, i dont have a giant spoiler :D)

camarop2.jpg

Going inside the car you see some metal has been cut away to reveal suspicious looking stuff sticking out! (Dun dun duuunnn, the best fuel pump money can buy for this car, duuun!)

camarop3.jpg

Finally all the new parts ready to go on, laid on the hood. Also note the last of the damaged front clip is gone, i got myself a new 10MM and knocked that out before class yesterday

camarop4.jpg

Top: Hood latch and windshield washer fluid tank

Middle: Bumper, with plastic honeycomb to give the front bumper some structure.

Bottom: Light bar, the headlights are mounted on this.

Are those headers shorties or long tubes?

Long tubes connected to sweet thunders (dumps with barely any baffling)

Last edited:
Big things are happening to the camaro, but unfortunately my camera took a crap, so you'll need to make due with crappy cellphone pictures until i can come up with a new one.

Bumper mounts are being straightened with the "Hit it really hard with a hammer" approach, its better than it was, but still needs work. After giving up on that my friends and I went down to the local junkyard and found a nice V6 camaro dash and took it home with us.

Sadly we just didnt have the energy to finish the project that night, so now its sits, like millions of project cars before it, filled to the brim with its own dissassembled parts:

dash.jpg

Going to get it insured this week, so it should be on the road pretty soon. That way i can drive it to my friends house that actually has the right tools to fix the frame.

use some propane or mapp gas to heat up the frame so its alittle more forgiving. get some vise grips and bend it whichever way you want. thats what id do. or id just cut the entire thing off and weld a new one on. as far as the dash thats pretty much like every other project car :lol: that means your on the right foot keep it up

Don't you just love wiring harnesses?

Well I don't. Nice project though. :thumbup:

Don't you just love wiring harnesses?
haha i dont think anyone likes wiring harnesses. thats why companies like painless performance can get as much as they want for there harnesses lol but probably well worth it

il keep checking on this thread :D interesting to see the finished product :D

Wow, saddens me to see the cut a giant hole in it to install the fuel pump. Im sorry I'd just go through the trouble and do it the proper way by dropping the damn tank. But that's just me... You got a unibody car with a giant hole in the back of it now... But lots of guys do it, and seem to be fine with it. I find it to be hackery.

Sadly we just didnt have the energy to finish the project that night, so now its sits, like millions of project cars before it, filled to the brim with its own dissassembled parts:

dash.jpg

:lol:

Indeed... that's exactly how mine looks. Only mine is actually on jackstands and the drive shaft is hanging down under it.... Plus a nice big pool of oil. :lol:

Tons junk sitting around in it... but at least I dont have as many wiring harnesses!

Last edited:
First off, i dont know if you guys noticed, but i've begun to update the first post with a link to the latest update, so you can check for a new one without having to scroll around. Keep checking back! :D

You got a unibody car with a giant hole in the back of it now...

Shouldnt be a problem, its a pretty small and insignificant hole, and my car has just as much aftermarket stiffening as yours does, if not more :D (Including a very nice torque arm my friend offered $250 for, but i'm keeping it. I barely have traction under heavy acceleration as it is)

New update! woooooot! (Still just crappy cellphone pics, sorry.)

Dash is COMPLETE! After much wiring and pain in the ass-ery i got it installed and everything is working correctly. Pics below.

From this: (old picture)
camz4.jpg

To this!
cdash1.jpg

and
cdash2.jpg

Car is now ready to be driven to my friends new place (with a big area for car fixing! We have our own outdoor garage thing going now.) and the bumper to be fixed. So this car should be back on the road after another week or two.

Secondly, i'm sure you're all happy to hear that my neighbor that parks next to me got a new car, and any time i fire up my car it sets his car alarm off! I'm so proud :D (A little apologetic, but proud inside!)

Keep checking back in the next few days, after i put the dash in we took it for another spin, and lit up the tires a bit. Much better video quality then last time (Hi-8)

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
You have subframe connectors on that car?! I didn't know that. THe 4th gens are stiffer than 3rd gens anyway, it's one of the reasons they're heavier. Even the LS1 (All aluminum) cars are heavier than 3rd gens. We pay for it with our floppy cars, I dont think tehy ever should have had T-Tops. But since mine is a hardtop car AND it has a wonder bar and sfc's, it's stiffer than a LOT of other thirdgens. Just want to get a strut tower brace and that should do it!

ANd you need to get a proper exhaust on that car. One of the great things about the LT1 is that it sounds ten times better than any LS1 ever has. With those LT's, try going with some Flowmaster 40s. I lvoe the flowmaster sound (A lot of people don't, but I really dont care for the magnaflow/borla/glasspack sound at all, I like chambered mufflers, and flowmaster does it best, IMO). If you dont do that, just go with some spiralflows and be done with it! It will be just as loud at WOT, but quieter at idle.

Supercharge it! Take advantage of that iron block!

Last edited:
I'm just gonna keep the dumps, its not really my daily and i dont mind the noise.

:D I plan to be the first turbo LT1 in south florida. First i gotta get some spiffy new internals, then a rear-mount turbo sometime next year. 550HP at least!

I'm just gonna keep the dumps, its not really my daily and i dont mind the noise.

:D I plan to be the first turbo LT1 in south florida. First i gotta get some spiffy new internals, then a rear-mount turbo sometime next year. 550HP at least!

Dumps are fine, I've got dumps. You need mufflers. My dumps are right after my muffler. No muffler sounds fine when you've got a crazy loping cam, but you don't have that. Every unmuffled V8 I've ever heard sounds liek a log truck. Mine sounded scary close to that already, but my new cam is going to sound a little healthier so... :cool:

gj man. i like the stock wheel lol it has a good feel to it.. for me anyway. gl with the bumper. and if you gotta bend something. mapp gas works well