Ongoing 1995 Camaro Z28 project [56k misses a gear]

Car back from the body shop, FINALLY THE BUMPER IS ON!

Well for the first time in a while i have a substatial update for you guys, i got my car to stop missing long enough for me to take it down to a shop to get the frame fixed back to 100 percent so i could mount things on it.

Bumper is on, hood latch is on, air damps and light bar (which the headlights bolt to, pretty sure third gens have the exact same one)

tricolor2.jpg

And as you can see, the new hood is on, no its not some kind of inverted carbon fiber hood like the ricers have, its from a 30th anniversary edition, you can see it had the trademark orange stripes before i sanded them off on the (fake) hood scoop, which is plastic. This will be painted black before too long along with the new front bumper cover.

tricolor1.jpg

Finally, the coolest picture in this thread so far, it really epitomizes the whole spirit of the car...

tricolor3.jpg

haha to that last picture. congrats on her getting all fixed. just needs a new bumper now ?

Two more pics from Wednesday.

zc2.jpg

Stupid orange thing replaced, hood finally mounted properly, other than it being white this is what it will look like in its final state.

zc1.jpg

Two Camaro Z28's sitting in the sun, if i had a better camera (that wasnt a motorola cellphone) this would have been a great picture

Last edited:
lookin good. i like how our cars are opposites in the way of the color scheme lol. black on black and white and tan. just retake the shot when you get a better camera

"Very popular with murderers, these cars are!"

:cool:

The LT1 is acting up eh? Have fun troubleshooting it! That's why Im glad I went carb.

I've been considering a carb'd or maybe even EFI LT1 a little more seriously than I thought I would all of a sudden, though, since I've got to build a whole new shortblock. But at the ned of the day, all I need is a new shortblock, and an LT1 would mean replacing EVERYTHING.

Aluminum heads sound mighty nice, though...

Also, I think the thirdgen bumper is if not identical, almost identical. They may not be interchangable but they're very, very similar. The car's lookin good now, bro! Congrats! All you need is a bumper cover and you're good to go!

Lookin' good. I wish I had the funds to mod my El Camino :(... Oh well, Soon...

May 29: New Hatch, new intake, ect.

Progress has been slow, school is on top of me and i've been starting my first move in years (moving into an open room at the place where we work on our fbodies!)

Been slowly working on the car, replaced my old hatch with one from another camaro, the old paint on the spoiler used to look like the bumper (which is also being replaced from another car, rather than painted) does now. Also note my toyota in the backround, its been crashed into :( Other guy admitted fault and is paying for it to be fixed this weekend.

mar2.jpg

Next is a random shot of the "salad shooters" i talk so much about in the thread, i want these replaced damn it! (also note: sweet brakes)

mar4.jpg

Next is a shot of the new airbox intake, thought it was better than the crappy autozone cone filter special you can see in older updates.

mar3.jpg

Last, a shot of what happens if you let your fbody sit around too long in our presence.

mar1.jpg

Last edited:
damn man i wish i had aplace or other people to work on my F-body with. im all alone up here :( but im managing. how come you didnt opt for a cold air intake instead of the standard one ? im currently making my own one up now and will update my post when i do my breaks as soon as i get 17" rims C5 brakes should kick some ass! :thumbup:

how come you didnt opt for a cold air intake instead of the standard one?

It kind of is a CAI, look at how far away it is from the motor and how close it is to open fresh air. I was thinking about a simple plastic divider to make it even better, but we will see...

Cone doesnt always = better.

true. i wanna fab something up thatll gather as much cold air as possible. o might just make a lil box over the top and call it a day

New update! June 19th, new fenders, new wheels, new house!

Still settling into the new house i live in, its the Fbody garage from previous updates (basically i'm splitting half of a house with my friend, much bigger than my old studio apartment)

Since its the local GM garage now, people come along selling stuff, and i now am the proud owner of a set of formula firebird wheels with Nitto NT450 rubber on them (very nice tires).

wheels2.jpg

As you can see from the above picture, they look very nice, but i seem to have a green fender... hmm...

wheels4.jpg

Truth is the old one had a hole in it and the other one is missing an important mounting point, to i chose to mount all new ones before i paint it. Since it had an "F" mark from the junkyard and is going to be redone anyway i couldnt help but add a little sharpie artwork.

wheels1.jpg

Only problem is, the bolts that hold the wheels on in the back are thick aftermarket ones to hold all the torque without warping and bending, so the new wheels need to be grinded out a lot to fit on the rears. Below is a picture of my new roommate brad (who is burrowing the Fbody now, as his 1995 Impala SS is down for a new starter, and ported heads and insane cam. He wants 500HP before the spray :)

wheels3.jpg

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned!

Last edited:
about time something new came up. i was thinking about getting the nittos but i went for sumitomos instead. there very very nice. ill be updating mine this weekend with any luck *crosses fingers* and im diggin your color combo XD very unique

Hey! I care! It's good to get a bit of a change from all the ferrari and Bee Emm Double-yeew talk.

Yes these Camaro build threads are about the only ones on PYC I find worth following :) Please keep on updating.

You got it chief!

Not now, but i'll do my best to get something worth updating for, school and life has been kicking my ass, leaving less time for internets. Plus the car is approaching the end of its project stage, i'm even daily driving it now, so the updates arent as cool as when i was messing with the frame and stuff :D