Ongoing 1995 Camaro Z28 project [56k misses a gear]

I know i'll always be breaking the tires loose, but its really really bad as it is, some wider AND better tires will really help things. Plus its going to look cool. :)

Drag radials. :cool:

Meh, on second thought i dont think i'm going to get the tires, i want to get the car on the street and make sure nothing breaks before i start tacking shit on it.

Meh, on second thought i dont think i'm going to get the tires, i want to get the car on the street and make sure nothing breaks before i start tacking shit on it.

amen to that. im not going to start doing serious engine work until i figure out what this rattle is coming from my front end. but i need tires in the worst way and i need brakes. but im getting aset of used spindles from my friend and im going mock up an entireC5 brake set up and then swap out everything on my front end, upper and lower ball joints, outter tire rod ends, anti sway bar links, and the spindles with the C5 brakes. it should be one helluva good upgrade :thumbup: i wont be doing it for some time but ill keep you posted with it when i start it. but back to the topic. if your tires are good then worry about whatever else takes priority. itll makes things alot more organized and it should also keep you more sane.

Reactions: Jay
Got a message for all the LT1 haters out there.

[youtube=8-aYOSN2Q-8]MattD1zzl3's Saturday night[/youtube]

Brand new C6 Corvette vs my buddies 1994 LT1 Z28.

Last edited:
damn what did he run ? and wth mods does he have for that thing ?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVh44YY-OX4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lVh44YY-OX4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

is that you cleaning the pushrods? lol some scotch bright and engine brite does a wonderful job

yessir thats me. The 94 Camaro has Ported heads, longtube headers, flowmasters, roller rockers, LT4 Hotcam. Its not some ridiculous frankencar, they are just that ridiculous :) My camaro is just as fast (biggest weakness is the driver :) ), i just need a better cam.

Heres him racing a 2008 Dodge Viper!

[youtube=6LlRX5P2Vqc]Camaro v Viper[/youtube]

Then we all went home, drank some beers and smoked some salvia divinorum. Good saturday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LlRX5P2Vqc

If you want to post a youtube video with the URL above, take the series of letters and numbers after the = symbol in the URL, looks like {youtube=6LlRX5P2Vqc}Type a Title here{/youtube}, only with real brackets.

Last edited:
Psh, my 305 can take that to town.

Note: the sarcasm.

damn thats one helluva fast Z! and those are his only mods ? it seems like there should be more. but thats great for me considering ill have my Z be that fast one day. and JCE ill have my impala with my 4.4 running circles around him!!

Also had B&M Shifter and drag radials. (although i'm sure you could hear the distinctive "squeak/crunch" of drag radials.)

He ran a 8.30 in the eighth mile against the viper, his current best. He says he thinks the car has a 7.7 in it, but he doesnt know how.

Last edited:
He says he thinks the car has a 7.7 in it, but he doesnt know how.

lol a very strong back wind. if hes shifting it perfect tho itd be real hard for him to find an extra half a second. if he really wants a straight uup drag car then switch it to an auto. hell find time there

He spins it all the way into third if he's not careful, he'll find that half second in the 60 foot alone. He isnt even really power shifting.

Some goodyear radials we got on sale at sams club :lol:

Its his daily driver, full leather seats, working AC and heater, LS1 dash. Its not even a purpose built drag racer, and its faster than a viper!

:p LT1 haters.

8.30 in the 1/8th, spinning every gear and not shifting as fast as he could. He figures it has a 7.7 in it.