Opel Insignia revealed a week early

luvcars

Its nice. Not overwhelmingly nice like the 6 and C5. But nice enough. But keep the Vectra name! :D
After seeing the new pictures I actually really do quite like it! :D Still not as much as the C5 or 6 but its up there with the new MONDEO! :)

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
In the UK OK - the dealers tend to be the real weakness. Their (French) Diesel engines are state of the art - so much so that VW are left behind. Citreon are a very good value car company and Peugeot who used to make better cars based on the same under pinnings are looking to their laurels IMHO.

Diesel is the way forward in Europe.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
How well do French vehicles sell outside France?
Like hot cupcakes off a stick!
1 million 207's in less than two years is alot.

They make alot on their engines as well.

anti-net

from the front it looks similar to the Buick Invicta concept....I'd rather have a Mondeo....or an STD

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i

General Motors today released the first interior photos of the new Opel/Vauxhall Insignia's interior. The model pictured is the Vauxhall variant for the U.K., but the Opel version will look identical, only with the steering wheel on the left. Why is any of this important to those of us here in the United States? Simple ? the Insignia is slated to be sold as the new Saturn Aura next year.

The new Insignia will make its world debut at this July's London Motor Show. Up front, the Insignia ? which will replace the Vectra in Europe ? will sport a new front fascia which features a revised grille and sleeker headlights. New fog lights and air inlets will also be part of the package.

Out back, the Insignia will receive similar updates, including taillights true to Opel's previous teaser image.

The Insignia's new interior is quite handsome and looks to be influenced by the Chevrolet Malibu's twin-cockpit design. Thanks to a longer wheelbase and wider track, the interior will also be roomier than its predecessor.

Underhood, the Insignia will offer customers a range of gasoline and diesel powerplants. Gas engines will range in displacement from 1.6L to 2.8L, with the range-topper being a 2.8L V6 with 260 horsepower. Opel will also offer different versions of its 2.0L diesel unit, ranging in power from 110 horsepower to 160. There is also word that a 1.9L diesel with 180 horsepower and 2.9L V6 diesel could also join the lineup.

All engines will be mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. Front wheel drive will be standard, but the Insignia will have an all-wheel drive option. Customers will also be able to choose between body styles ? a notch- or hatchback ? when the Insignia goes on sale in the UK this October.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/opel-insignia.html#more-7603

static

I have to say it has grown on me. Although there is a bit lack of originality, looking at that interior there is nothing telling me it's an Opel/Vauxhall than the badge on the steering wheel. It's very Passat/Mondeoish.

DTMracer

Car(s)
1988 Mini Cooper, 1998 MB E55 AMG
Its absolutely yawntastic.

Next.

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
I'm still in the 'meh' camp - maybe it's better in the metal. I can't really put my finger on why I'm so unimpressed by it, I mean they've certainly tried to style it and make it a bit swooshy, but it just doesn't elicit any reaction at all from me. Rear headroom looks positively lacking.

DTMracer

Car(s)
1988 Mini Cooper, 1998 MB E55 AMG
The side crease reminds me of an IS-F