• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PacketCollision

Server Admin/Crasher
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
generator on wheels
Minecraft 1.5 introduces booster rails for minecarts. Since we already use Minecart Mania, which not only allows for boosters but also many other enhancements to minecart, I am reluctant to just switch outright to the native boosters, because a) the boosters require redstone power or they cause braking, and b) we would lose the other improvements like stations and catcher blocks. That said, minecart mania can take over the new booster rails and make them act like gold blocks, and it can even replace gold block boosters with the new booster rails. What do people think we should do?

I would hate to lose Minecartmania's station and lauchers.

keep mania, and if they change the native boosters to act like gold then all is well.

I haven't been playing on the server for super long, but I really like the whole train station bit with the Minecart Mania. It gives the game a nice touch for transportation.

OK, since we're currently tied, I'm going to go with the less invasive setting for now. Native boosters will work as they do in single player, and gold blocks will keep working as they have done. If more people vote, it may change.

Edit: Looks like that option is winning now anyway

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.