Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Dafuq is a Mahindra?
Also, a BMW X6 M in white, but no picture vecause DEAR GOD are those things ugly

Dafuq is a Mahindra?
Also, a BMW X6 M in white, but no picture vecause DEAR GOD are those things ugly

They are an Indian company, they sell tractors over here.

They made Jeep copies under license for years. That one looks like it likely has the front clip from a CJ of some kind.

Yes, looks like some old CJ at the front. Never ever seen one of those, apparently some are even for sale... how do they get here, and who buys them?!

Some randomness acquired over the last 3.5 months:

• Santana PS-10 (Spanish version of a Land Rover). Sighted in Berlin, with Moroccan plates.
    IMG_20150501_155945959_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150501_160013936.jpg
  • Some old Fiat
    IMG_20150501_160102735.jpg
  • Citro?n 2CV. Was that a factory version or is it customized?
    IMG_20150523_130148187.jpg
  • TVR Chimaera. From what I can tell from driving where it's parked regularly, it's driven frequently.
    IMG_20150710_093905751.jpg
  • Plymouth something.
    IMG_20150816_112933157.jpg
  • A 1985 Land Rover, military version, owned by a friend's brother, so I had the opportunity to take some more pictures than usual today.
    IMG_20150816_134935863.jpg

IMG_20150816_134949077.jpg

I like his solution for keeping the rear door open. And it's quite a genius tension belt.
    IMG_20150816_135024469.jpg

Trailer hitch ruining the slope angle. :D
    IMG_20150816_135225269.jpg

The Fiat is an 850 sedan, the Plymouth should be a Satellite, but i'm not sure...

Yes, looks like some old CJ at the front. Never ever seen one of those, apparently some are even for sale... how do they get here, and who buys them?!

Don't know about Germany, but around here there are some dealers (literally a handful) that sells weird "foreign" cars alongside their main brands. I once went past an Opel dealer that had a row of new chinese pickups, and they all had WTF names like Great Wall, Gonow, BYD and Dongfeng. Similarly, there were some that briefly offered Tata citycars, but i never saw one. The only grey market vehicle that remains popular over the decades is the Lada Niva.

'muricans, please identify, I have no idea what that is since it looks so generic...

Pretty sure that's a 5th gen Pontiac Grand Prix or one of its cousins. It's a hideous POS whatever it is.

The wheels were sort of a Buick signature during the 90s. Nobody really likes them, so they don't end up on anything else.

Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Pretty sure that's a 5th gen Pontiac Grand Prix or one of its cousins. It's a hideous POS whatever it is.

One of the W-body siblings, a Buick Regal, as others have noted. The Pontiac would have obvious house sidingbody cladding infesting the lower half but better looking wheels.

The real giveaway is the full width, same height tail lights. The Pontiac version had wrap around rear lights that covered a third of the rear on each side, the Olds version had narrower ones with a low black bar connecting them and the Chevy had more triangular wraparound rear tail lights with a full height black bar connecting them.

All of them were crap.

Last edited:
I know. I had a Grand Am as a rental on my first ever trip to the US in '97, mainly because the rental desk was fresh out of ox carts and cholera which would have been preferable. How it even managed to achieve a velocity high enough for me to get pulled over is beyond me to this day.

And it was green, and I hate green cars. Most of them anyway.

A Subaru Legacy with an automatic is the only car I have ever broken on a test drive.

I got a then-new Ford Five Hundred to scatter its CVT all over a highway onramp simply by driving it as a normal person would. :p