Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

I just hate that warming up post it was so in my way :D
But british racing green S-type R, absolutely gorgeous. Well, still dirty.

2wegahf.jpg

The REAL Brabus Smart is something. It's $300K USD, only 6 made (not sure tho), V6 BiTurbo engine.

jwo20040521191944.jpg
Actually, I remember Hammond saying it had two engines, each with one turbocharger.

The REAL Brabus Smart is something. It's $300K USD, only 6 made (not sure tho), V6 BiTurbo engine.

jwo20040521191944.jpg

thats the twin engine one, right?? isnt there a single engined twin turbo smart roadster?

Pssf, The Smart Roadster Brabus bi-turbo costs about $90.000 here in Norway.

Actually, I remember Hammond saying it had two engines, each with one turbocharger.
thats the twin engine one, right?? isnt there a single engined twin turbo smart roadster?
I wouldn't call it twin-engined. They joined two smart 3 cylinders to form a small V6 and then added two turbochargers.

They have different packages. The thing you're talking about is not limited edition.

And $90K for a Smart, kidding me...

Sadly, i'm not :p

We need an armed revolution over here or something :p

What a waste of money...it was still a POS anyway.

If you want a properly tuned Smart, ForTwo or Roadster, dump a Suzuki 1300 in it....there's a website dedicated to this, with videos somewhere. Very entertaining to watch, and hear!

I wouldn't call it twin-engined. They joined two smart 3 cylinders to form a small V6 and then added two turbochargers.

Isn't one in the middle and one in the front, though? So the blocks are totally seperate? Thought that's what they said on TG.

Isn't one in the middle and one in the front, though? So the blocks are totally seperate? Thought that's what they said on TG.
Never heard of a twin-engined Smart. As I said, the Brabus Smart Roadster/Coupe V6 definitely has a twin-turbocharged V6 in the back. The V6 was built using two regular Smart 3 cylinder engines. Check out this shot of the trunk, I doubt there's another motor hiding underneath the fuel cell. ;)
f0c5d79aa0ec9760f48e2936276736be_1.jpg

Plus, why would the call it V6 if it just had two 3 cylinders in different places of the car. AFAIK, the only car with 2 engines ever featured on Top Gear is the Audi TT MTM bimoto. Maybe you got them mixed up?

Wikipedia said:
Since the twin-turbo V-6 occupies almost as much space as two three-cylinder engines, the fuel tank had to be relocated to the nose of the car, where a luggage compartment used to be.

I guess Hammond was wrong... but aren't there two Brabus models of this car? One which is slightly tuned by Brabus and available to buy and another with two engines which was built in very limited numbers and was not for sale?

I just looked at the eppy (3x09) and yeah, I guess most of us heard wrong. He never says that there's an engine at each end... probably just that each drives one pair of the wheels (front and back obviously). They actually show both the trunk/boot and hood/bonnet.

Last edited:
He never explicitly said that but that's what I figured...

I guess Hammond was wrong... but aren't there two Brabus models of this car? One which is slightly tuned by Brabus and available to buy and another with two engines which was built in very limited numbers and was not for sale?
You are right about the limited numbers, Brabus built and sold only 10 V6 models. There's has never been a Smart with two engines, period.

And yes, you can buy a Brabus Smart (Roadster/Coupe and ForTwo) directly from a Smart Dealership. They're just supposed to be a little sportier with sport suspension, wheels and tires, some interior upgrades and a slight power upgrade. It's really nothing radical or exotic, no limited production numbers or anything. It's like ordering an AMG Mercedes I would say.

I just looked at the eppy (3x09) and yeah, I guess most of us heard wrong. He never says that there's an engine at each end... probably just that each drives one pair of the wheels (front and back obviously). They actually show both the trunk/boot and hood/bonnet.
Guys, guys...it can't be that hard! :rolleyes:

The Smart Roadster/Coupe V6 has only one engine! They took two 3 cylinders, joined them and added 2 turbochargers. It's a custom motor so to say, one block, and in the same place where the regular engine used to be. It also utilizes the same powertrain, wich means the car is not AWD, it's RWD! (Check the Audi TT MTM bimoto episode if you wanna see a twin-engined car. Two engines, two gearboxes, one of each in the front, respectively back, each driving one axle.)

Same with the VW Phaton, Audi A8 W12, Bentley Continental GT and Flying Spur. Even though those 12 cylinders basically consist of two V(R)6 engines, nobody on here ever said those cars have two engines... ;)

Woot I had part of it right:D
Sorry, you had it all wrong. :p
BTW, I noticed your avatar. I just watched "Cars" a couple of days ago and I love that little forklift!! Can't remember his/its name, but the pit stop at the end had me cracking up!

Last edited:
You're right, it makes sense that way... it's only one engine block. I may have confused it with the yellow TT?

I don't even know, this topic has become el confuso to me.