Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Took this about a year ago. Loved the license plate.

carreragt1.jpg

Maybe in the wealthier parts of Germany (and those where the bank managers reside), but here in northern Germany I've seen just two or three of them, and I drive frequently in Hamburg which is a city of 1.8 million inhabitants.

^ Hey, the Phantom looks cool.

Saw two Quattroportes, two Flying Spurs and a 355 today, was in a hurry so no pics D:

I also saw a Rolls Royce phantom

Where I used to live in La Canada, there was a guy that had 2 phantoms (one black, one white) parked on the street just outside of his house (on Greenridge for those of you who care, its just off Angeles Crest). I'm not sure if he sold his house or not. There was a Ferrari, Lambo, Masarati, and a Porsche in the garage. Not enough room in it I guess.

In Singapore, there's this guy who only owns Rolls Royce. He has around 6 Rolls Royce from the 70's right up till the current generation Phantom, which he owns 2.

And there's this successful businessman who drove a Rolls Royce but lived in a small, old 2 room apartment. He got so sick of everyone mistaking him for a chauffeur that he sold it for a BMW 730.

Spotted this tonight. Apparently he spun out trying to pass a car, lost control and hit a tree over the curb. I didn't see the driver but witness said he was fine.

I believe car is an 08 model judging by the newer style rims.

http://img116.imageshack.**/img116/1389/dsc0001hh2.jpg

driver door and front wheel

http://img116.imageshack.**/img116/8384/dsc0003wt4.jpg

notice the glass of driver side window still in its place but door is missing

http://img122.imageshack.**/img122/5959/dsc0005md7.jpg

seats were in perfect condition. cop honked me when i got close to the car. :rolleyes:

http://img234.imageshack.**/img234/6364/dsc0006mh1.jpg

^ Probably hit some black ice... the roads are horrible right now, got nobody to blame but yourself if you overstep your bounds in these kinds of conditions.

nope. there was not really any ice on road. but car has summer tires on, and it seemed he downshifted and floored it (prob with no traction control on) which is a stupid thing to do in a Viper in a cold winter day.

nope. there was not really any ice on road. but car has summer tires on, and it seemed he downshifted and floored it (prob with no traction control on) which is a stupid thing to do in a Viper in a cold winter day.

Vipers don't have traction control. ;)

No no, more like

Vipers don't have traction control. ;)

I couldn't tell what it was until the third pic. Poor viper. I just want to know how a door can come flying off and not take the glass with it, that's just weird.

The roads are horrible here in Vancouver right now, especially the small streets, where basically they're like ice rinks. I wouldn't even dare to drive a high power sports cars around in these types of conditions.

Noone's ever heard of sanding or salting the roads to prevent that over on the other side of the Atlantic?

Noone's ever heard of sanding or salting the roads to prevent that over on the other side of the Atlantic?

Salt's not as effective when it gets colder than ~20F. Like right now it's around 15F here and though there's salt on the road it's still pretty slick.

I don't know about Peter Noone, but I'm sure the roadworks people here have heard of salting the roads. :rolleyes:

And of course they salt and sand the roads... you think Slovenia knows more about snow conditions than Canada? It's about 10 degrees below zero in Vancouver, and it snowed before it turned so bitterly cold so it's all just frozen to the ground.

Plus, Vancouver rarely goes below zero, so we don't have as much resources and training to deal with bad weather as people in other parts of the country. I'm not just talking about officials either. As you can see the Viper was on summer tires in December, as are the majority of other cars here. Best case scenario, someone has all season tires.

It's about 10 degrees below zero in Vancouver, and it snowed before it turned so bitterly cold so it's all just frozen to the ground.

Hey, ok, I get it. You can stop bragging about your warm weather now. Sheesh. I could go for some nice warm -10 right about now.