Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

An SSR driven by an old bloke that thinks a hard top convertible truck is a sound concept.
f723896d.jpg

The only Ford GT I've ever seen in real life was a pre-production model at the Boston Auto show one year.

Stop ripping on the SSR. Yeah it might not be good and was too expensive. But in 5 or 10 years time I will probably be able to find one for super cheap. And it will have enough space for my hockey equipment in the back and I will be able to drive to the rink in the summer with the top down. So I plan on buying one in the semi-distant future.

Stop ripping on the SSR. Yeah it might not be good and was too expensive. But in 5 or 10 years time I will probably be able to find one for super cheap. And it will have enough space for my hockey equipment in the back and I will be able to drive to the rink in the summer with the top down. So I plan on buying one in the semi-distant future.
I?m with you. I like the SSR for it?s stupidness. At least they tried something with that ... okey, so It didn?t work saleswise ... but better try and fail than never try anything different.

Last edited:

I?m with out. I like the SSR for it?s stupidness. At least they tried something with that ... okey, so It didn?t work saleswise ... but better try and fail than never try anything different.

There's only one version to get- the very last year or 2 of production finally saw a 6-speed manual as an option. That would be fun. I too appreciate that GM tried something sort-of out of the box, but it could have been way better.

Driving into work yesterday, I saw a bright yellow Porsche Cayman. It was so horrifically ugly that I almost didn't notice this passing me on the other side, hence the way too late cell phone pic:

Never seen one on the road.
I almost thought for a minute you were referring to the GT as horrifically ugly D:

Last edited:

What I don't like about it is that it was supposed to be a factory hot-rod truck.

It fails as a truck and it fails as a hot rod because it just isn't that fast and is the worst handling "sports car" this side of the Plymouth Prowler.

If they had made it a 400 or 500 hp vette -powered transplant with a 6-speed manual, it would have been a praiseworthy effort to me. The bar was set by the early 2000's Ford SVT Lightning and the SSR could have done that one better by having a low slung sexy body. The SSR is a big giant FAIL in my book; nice idea, lazy effort. Much like the Fiero. I'm guessing the engineers/designers had passion and the bean counters are responsible for the diluted version we got.

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Giulia TI

And a jacked up Jeep

Hm... is this questionable paintjob reason enough the labeling it carbage or not?

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/da/danrom/2010/06/23/Bild003.jpg

If they had made it a 400 or 500 hp vette -powered transplant with a 6-speed manual, it would have been a praiseworthy effort to me.

They did.... sort of. 6 speed manual with the LS2 V8, although it only made 390hp.

The thing about the SSR was that it started off as just a concept car/truck and everyone seemed to love it. So in a rare moment of excessive spending, GM decided to green light it. Needless to say, it wasn't a huge hit. But I think one day it will be considered a future classic. One of those really odd vehicles that never gained enough popularity to be numerous.

Today on my way to work: Porsche 356B Roadster ("H"-plates so no kitcar)

Today on my way to work: Porsche 356B Roadster ("H"-plates so no kitcar)

Actually, you can get H-Plates on a Kit Car if the conversion was done more than 20 years ago or has been available back then (see page six). Still, that's highly unlikely.