Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Mk5 R32.
2hrpr3b.jpg

A cute Eos, a popular tourist couple choice.

ob05kn.jpg

Why use tire polish on huge sand tires. I admit they are nice and shiny but that's not the point of sand tires.
112gxe8.jpg

2yv749k.jpg

I kinda like the new CLS, except for the mirros. They're stupidly mounted and bigger than slovenistan!

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thomas/2010/07/23/cls1.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thomas/2010/07/23/cls2.jpg

-edit-

look where the 3rd brakelight is hidden:

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thomas/2010/07/23/cls3.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't the whole point of the 3rd brake light to be up higher and thus more easily visible?

Those are just cats' eyes, the real third light is somewhere in the rear window, either at the bottom, or more commonly, at the top.

Right... then next time use a polarizing filter and post pictures where things aren't 95% obscured by glare then. :lol:

Isn't the whole point of the 3rd brake light to be up higher and thus more easily visible?

Best pic I could find (ignore the rims):
33605700009_large.jpg

Our family had a 1990 Chevy Lumina APV (same thing) and it didn't have a third brake light at all.

My Mustang doesn't have a 3rd brake light either, just the two tail lights.

My Mustang doesn't have a 3rd brake light either, just the two tail lights.

Yup, but the law was introduced in 1986 (or was that just Massachusetts?) so it was unusual for a 1990 model not to have one. Nothing had one before that to my knowledge.

In North America since 1986, in Australia and New Zealand since 1990, and in Europe since 1998, a central brake lamp, mounted higher than the vehicle's left and right brake lamps and called a Centre High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL), is also required

A CHMSL was required on all new light trucks and vans starting in 1994

Lumina APV might count as a van. Still doesn't explain the light being lower on the newer models (they made them into 1996). It's logical since the standard brake lights are so high, but it goes against the verbiage of the law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_brake_light#Stop_lamps_.28brake_lights.29

Last edited:
I remember my dad complaining about center mounted brake lights like they were the work of the devil itself. Something about it "blinding right in your eyes." It didn't even make sense to my 6 year old self!

I remember my dad complaining about center mounted brake lights like they were the work of the devil itself. Something about it "blinding right in your eyes."

I'd like to hear his opinion of HID/Xenon lights then. :p

How exactly is that? It's just the natural progression of technology. LEDs use up less power for the job they're required to do and open up new styling venues. Audi started it, now EVERYBODY is doing it. Chill the fuck out. If you really think it's supposed to be a sign of superiority you have issues elsewhere that you need to concern yourself with. You can either like them or hate them from an aesthetic point of view, which is all they are.

The mustang's rear look nicer(less hideous) in black just needs some more wide meats.

How exactly is that? It's just the natural progression of technology. LEDs use up less power for the job they're required to do and open up new styling venues. Audi started it, now EVERYBODY is doing it. Chill the fuck out. If you really think it's supposed to be a sign of superiority you have issues elsewhere that you need to concern yourself with. You can either like them or hate them from an aesthetic point of view, which is all they are.

Personally I've only ever seen it on Audis. It's useless. It makes the car no more visible on a misty day or at dusk or in any other condition than just turning the lights on. You're at an intersection, you glance left, you see a car because it has its lights on, you give way. It's been working for decades.

All DRLs do is make cars super fuckin' ultra visible and that's not necessary. It's actually just a distraction. There are times when it's not all that important to see a car, like if it's sitting stationary in traffic on the other side of the road and you're just cruising by. You don't need to take special note of it but it's hard not to with DRLs. They catch the eye and draw attention away from the road and what's ahead of you.

Also, it looks like fuckin' glitter or bedazzling or some shit. It's jewelry. It's naff. It's really naff and wankers love that sort of thing.

Last edited: