Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

small

Don't worry, I'm not gonna be the next Pedrocas, I was just suprised to see mk3 Focus on traffic, I didn't know it's already for sale? Anyway, that design makes Kia Cee'd look intresting. Maybe I'll get used to it, but compared to the Fiesta, or mk1 Focus when it was launched, it seems like nobody bothered this time. Actually, it took me five seconds to realize I've never seen that car before. :blink:

The numberplate and the sticker next to it gives the car away as rental car (Europcar has HH-xx 7xxx numbers), maybe they received one of the first batches so the cars are out on the street more often as rental cars are moslty rented for long(ish) trips.

Aa, good to know about the Europcar plates, I was wondering a bit why it had Hamburg-plates. Of course you can just drive from Hamburg to Stuttgart, but they're not that common sight.

I had a look at the Mk.III Focus two weeks ago when I went to the dealership to have my car serviced, and regarding the design of the new car I'm really disappointed.

A giveaway is an oval "D"-sign and always a sticker with a barcode next to the numberplate since today almost nobody who buys a car as private citizen uses the oval "D"-sign anymore. Additionally, if you see a car with M-xx 7xxx it's almost certainly a Sixt rental car and EU-H xxx is more often than not a Hertz one.

Add WI - E xxxx and WI - F xxxx for Enterprise and R - OT xxxx and R - OM xxxx for Buchbinder... but they put little stickers on the rear, too.

Good to know, I really like the German numberplate system. In Finland we have just XXX-YYY where Xs are letters and Ys are numbers, and they are just totally random nowdays.

I spent a few days at Evo magazine doing work experience this week, thought I'd whip out my phone and grab a few pics of some of the cars outside.

http://img339.imageshack.**/img339/4069/08042011128.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.**/img828/7656/06042011091.jpg
http://img535.imageshack.**/img535/3992/07042011094.jpg
http://img816.imageshack.**/img816/7518/06042011092.jpg

I was fortunate enought to be taken out for a ride on the backroads in the Williams which I've always loved and the R26.R which I've always loved as well and I have now decided that I must own one at some point, it's phenominal!

Last edited:
Whoah, I've been Evo reader since issue 50, so it's really nice to see those cars in different perspective.

Anyway, second day at Meilenwerk Stuttgart in a row, today they had season opening (Saisonauftakt).

medium

Matra Murena, I haven't even heard of this before. Check out the number of seats by the way. :)

medium

medium

Lotus Esprit S2, really beautiful in real life.

medium

Z1 has probably the coolest doors after Lamborghinis.

medium

SLR 722

And some more

Thanks! Yeah when go back to Finland I've to get used to seeing maybe old 911 once a week, Stuttgart is spoiling me a bit.

Good to know, I really like the German numberplate system. In Finland we have just XXX-YYY where Xs are letters and Ys are numbers, and they are just totally random nowdays.

I agree, I like the German system. Ours is just random as well. Thankfully you can usually tell where someone is from and therefore whether to avoid them because of the dealer number plate frames which most people have.

Eunos Roadster, looks like it's just recently arrived from the UK.

full

full

A cute little Alfa Romeo 2000 Spider Veloce. It had a child booster seat on the passenger side :p

full

full

A more recent MX-5.

full

I don't think I've ever seen a StreetKa before.

full

BMW 740i by AC Schnitzer.

full

I didn't notice the AC Schnitzer badge until I was editing the photos.

full

A very dirty RS6.

full

A handsome S4...

full

...with a broken jaw.

full

Last edited:
A 1969/70 Cadillac Convertible - it leaned over on it's doorhandles when it went about 15 kph around the corner. :D

Not exactly the same car, because the naming of the base model changed in late 1994 from Audi 100 to Audi A6 while they tweaked the styling a bit (front and rear lights, grille and bumpers are the most notable tweaks). Both are codename C4, thus the changing from S4 derived from C4 to S6 derived from A6.