Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

It seems that I have found a safe haven for horribly unreliable automobile. These are from a single DAY in an area no bigger than a square kilometre.

4324.jpg

Alfa Romeo 2000 Berlina, the same one I already posted.

94825.jpg

Type 105

67896.jpg

Vanden Plas ADO16 (1100? 1300?)

4546.jpg

Series 2 XJ6

Volkswagen quantum? That's what the back said.

Volkswagen quantum? That's what the back said.

Huh?
That's odd. Here it was called the Santana, while the Quantum was the estate version.
Volkswagen_Santana_Gi5_1984E.jpg

1986-QuantumCG-Traseira.jpg

Edit:
According to wikipedia:

"In North America, it was also known as the Volkswagen Quantum. In Mexico, it was named the Volkswagen Corsar, while inArgentina it was sold as the Volkswagen Carat. In Brazil and other South American countries it was known as the Santana, while the Passat Variant B2 wagon was marketed as the Volkswagen Quantum. In Europe, the Santana name was dropped in 1985 (with the exception of Spain, where the Santana nameplate was retained) and the car was sold as a Passat. European production ended in 1988."

:nod:

Last edited:
The most hipster-ist beard loving unkempt of hair was driving it too so, it's driven as ironically I would guess.

The Santana is also very popular in certain parts of China, where they're still being used as Taxis and Police cars.

Interestingly, I have just seen a Passat Sedan as well...

Additionally, an old Beetle (notice the "H" on the plate which means it's more than 30 years old and has period-correct mods, if any; also, guessing from the "1967" on the country plate I guess it's almost 50 years old)

Blurry BMW i8

4th gen Pontiac Firebird

Opel Manta A

The Santana is also very popular in certain parts of China, where they're still being used as Taxis and Police cars.

When I was in China some 8 years ago, they were EVERYWHERE.

Love how the back says Santana but the plate Quantum.

That's because it's a Santana Quantum in Brazil. The names add up. :dunno:

Seen today:

Opel Kadett
2016-08-25_Do__6_.JPG

(Yeah, the fartcannon is a bit much, but the rest of the mods are cool).

4th gen Pontiac Firebird

I find it surprising Pontiac made a unique rear bumper to fit the Euro format license plate.

Saw another old american car yesterday on the way home. No idea what that is, but the resident rednecks will probably recognize it fairly easily...

The taillights give it away as a Pontiac, I believe a 66 Tempest.

Pretty sure it's a Pontiac too, especially since I just saw one like that the other day with the exact same taillights.

Excuse the shitty picture, but these are few and far between. A Remjohan DAF 66!

Eeq298s.jpg

And it's an actual DAF badged car which means it rolled out the factory doors before Volvo bought them. The black badge on the bumper says Variomatic. When Volvo bought the company, they rebadged it and "improved" it with a Volvo-style grille and new, fat, rubbery plastic bumpers.

Assuming the plate is original, it was registered in this region (Vasa) when new.

Last edited:
Around a year ago I posted a blurry pic of an GT86 that had a saying at the back. Finally, I managed to find it and take a picture of it. The car was first in a camo design, then green and grey/white, now in this orange-ish colour.

Plus bonus Alfa, S5, 993 (automatic :( ) and R34 GTT. Also saw a 300 SL W198 II aswell (lovely!) but unfortunately no pic.

So there was a meet for historical vehicles in my hometown. Turns out there is a DeLorean club nearby ;)
006425e3c703fe7c9fa0da9dbb9a8307.jpg