Overheard in the office

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Eh...it could be as simple as her brain not comprehending the specific "returning her call" phrase, and hearing (just out of habit) something along the lines of "Is she available?"

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I realise that. I deal with robotic receptionists all the time. When I am training new people one of the first things I teach them is to avoid phrases that will provoke the pre-programmed response and instead force the person at the other end of the phone to think. I liken it to a computer that is given a task to do which draws processing power away from other tasks and slows the whole thing down.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
"Oh my god, did you try them?" When showing a photoshopped image of a bag of "Toothpaste and orange juice" flavored Lay's potato chips.

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
This weekend, the system we use to fill in what hours were spent with which client was updated. I'm sitting in a room with fellow techies, responses were in the vein of "This looks a lot like the helpdesk software" and "Oh, look, a button, what does it do?" The sounds emerging from the room containing account management were a mixture of blind panic, screams, and rage. I overheard phrases like "Why didn't they do a session to show us how this works?" "Why is everything so different" etc.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Bump...

Not from the office but from Junior Menace last night. He's turning into a right comedian - can't imagine where he gets it from. :wicked:

"Marmite is the taste equivalent of smothering your nut sack with toothpaste then inviting Ronaldo to aim a free kick at your crotch."