Pacific Northwest Meet 2015: July 18th

Should we cement in July 18th as our official date? We've got fairly set confirmation across the board.

Possible itinerary (approximate times for arrivals & including about a half hour stop at each place for gas/scenery):

9am - meet up at Exotics at Redmond Town Center
9:30am - leave Exotics @ RTC
11:15am - arrive at Leavenworth
12:30pm - arrive at Chelan
1:45pm - hit highway 20 at Okanogan
4pm - arrive at Ross Lake
5:30pm - arrive in Concrete for dinner (or we can do dinner at a later stop like Sedro-Woolley)
6:45pm - arrive in Sedro-Woolley for final goodbyes

The Canadians (and any Bellingham-ers) can take off for the great white north (eh) from there while the rest of us can begin the trek back south (Seattleites would get home by around 8:30pm, Tacomans would get back by around 9:15pm-ish, Olympians by 9:45pm, and god help you if you're gonna head back to Oregon).

The date and start time sound good to me. I've edited the topic title.

As for the rest... no idea on the times. :)

Yeah...I think that timeline is a bit ambitious, even if we occasionally drift over the prescibed speed limit.

The date and start time sound good to me. I've edited the topic title.

As for the rest... no idea on the times. :)

Yeah...I think that timeline is a bit ambitious, even if we occasionally drift over the prescibed speed limit.

Haha, yeah, it was just quickly based off Google Maps' drive times. Obviously the day is ours to do what we wish with (there'll probably need to be stops in between some of those destinations - roadside things, gas stops, food, bathroom breaks) And I personally don't mind a full day and getting home late ;)

Yeah, gas stops will be important. Even though my range will likely be 175-250 miles, my empty light came on last time. Then again last time we did this drive, I think I had had the car for like 6 months so I didn't know it very well at all. Now I've driven it personally 30,000 miles nearly, so I know how to save gas, what it's actual range is, etc. Also how to not throw rocks when pulling out from gravel. Oops.

Subscribing. (Thanks argatoga) Since I'll be living in Portland for the summer I don't see why I can't show up in my SVO. :)

Nice! The more the merrier!

That and you increase the chance of something stupid happening.

Just kidding about the "the more the merrier" thing. Sorry I didn't use a <sarcasm> tag. I'm bad at that:p

Last edited:
Well, I meant within reason. I just wanted to make sure we didn't end up with only 3 cars or something. I mean, that'd be fine, but more fun with 5-10.

OK, so if I have two close friends who aren't members they can tag along right? Wouldn't want to impose.

OK, so if I have two close friends who aren't members they can tag along right? Wouldn't want to impose.

I have a feeling the turnout is going to be small so it's fine if they tag along, assuming they aren't douchebags who are going to drive dangerously and get us police attention. This will be a nice drive, not a race. :)

I have a feeling the turnout is going to be small so it's fine if they tag along, assuming they aren't douchebags who are going to drive dangerously and get us police attention. This will be a nice drive, not a race. :)

Heh if they were douchebags I wouldn't be friends with them :) I'm certainly not looking for police attention.

I might have a bike just in time for this, although my gf is planning on visiting that weekend...

Viper, do you have any extra vinyls? I think mine are buried in my storage unit.

Edit - Exotics@RTC is having their annual "British Car Event" on the 18th, so it should be a good show.

Last edited:
Viper, do you have any extra vinyls? I think mine are buried in my storage unit.

Yeah, I think I have a few small ones. I'll bring them.

While we've known the general route for quite a while now, I sat down and fiddled around with stopping points along the way to make sure we can regroup, get gas, etc. I've tried to make a stop every 60-90 minutes as that seems like a good time and distance.

Here's what I came up with. (EDIT: Not final route!)

I'm thinking leaving E@RTC could break us up so we regroup in Monroe for a more official start and to make sure everyone has gas.

Then we head to Leavenworth for lunch.

After that, I'm not sure which Highway 97 we want to take -- the west side or the east side. It looks like the west one goes through towns so it's probably slower. East is better then but that means less options for regroup points. Leavenworth to Okanogan is too far without a stop inbetween I think to catch stragglers so I found some random gas station somewhere in the middle.

Then it's on to a Texaco which looks to be the last one before the mountains. We certainly need to stop here for the gas guzzlers like myself.

Then we stop at the first gas station we can find which looks to be in Marblemount.

That'll probably be the last stop, after which everyone is on their own but we can continue to cruise together towards I-5.

Thoughts?

Oh, and leaving R@ETC at 9:30am puts us in Leavenworth around noon including a stop in Monroe.

Last edited: