Pepsi Throwback

Clockwerk

Forum Addict
Ahhhh this thread makes me want a Dr. Pepper throwback soooooooo bad. I haven't had a pop/soda since ~May and I want one.

lws1984

This title intentionally left blank.
DONOR
Car(s)
2017 Volkswagen Golf
Oh my god this stuff is SO GOOOOD :D

I just bought 3 boxes of cans in both varieties. No, I'm not addicted...

CAPT_Howdy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2004 Mazda6 Estate 3.0
I got mine at my local Raley's here in Sacramento. There are Raley's in Newark, Antioch, Benicia, Vallejo, San Pablo, Fairfield, and Vacaville that may also carry them. (If you don't mind going for a drive.)

TC

aka TomCat
Went to the local market and they had a ton of Pepsi and MountainDew throwback. And it was cheaper then the normal HFCS kind. So I bought 4 cases. :D

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Man you guys are tempting me. I wish it came in 2L bottles! I'm a store brand gal, but I'd spring the extra if it was in bulk volume.

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Won't it depend on what your local bottler choses? I've only seen it in 12 pack cans and 20oz bottles here.

Twerp128

Car(s)
'91 Miata, '09 Street Triple
It wont be available in regions where Dr. Pepper is distributed by Coke. Pepsi has an exclusive contract.

Twerp128

Car(s)
'91 Miata, '09 Street Triple
^Yes (outsourced I'm sure), but I'm sure they are restricted to only selling 12pks. and 20 oz. Can't have a rogue bottler making 24 pks. or 2 Liters.

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS
It wont be available in regions where Dr. Pepper is distributed by Coke. Pepsi has an exclusive contract.
And not always in this situation. Dr. Pepper is distributed by the same local company that distributes Pepsi but I've never seen the Heritage (not that I've looked, don't like Dr. Pepper, but that's a pretty noticeable label).

Do you know if the bottlers responsible for making/producing their own packaging/labels?
I don't know this for certain, but from a branding/advertising perspective these things are usually centrally directed. A company generally wants to present a consistent image across markets although there can be a lead-in time. For example it took a long time for the new Coke bottles and caps to make it down here. I bought one in Denver about a year before I ever saw one locally. I imagine labeling can also be subject to test marketing.

Last edited: