Pepsi Throwback

Ahhhh this thread makes me want a Dr. Pepper throwback soooooooo bad. I haven't had a pop/soda since ~May and I want one.

Oh my god this stuff is SO GOOOOD :D

I just bought 3 boxes of cans in both varieties. No, I'm not addicted...

I just today bought a 12 pack of Pepsi Throwback and a 12 pack of Heritage Dr Pepper. I can't wait to try them.

Hmm...anyone in the SF Bay Area find the heritage/throwback Dr Pepper? I can only seem to find Pepsi and Mt Dew.

I got mine at my local Raley's here in Sacramento. There are Raley's in Newark, Antioch, Benicia, Vallejo, San Pablo, Fairfield, and Vacaville that may also carry them. (If you don't mind going for a drive.)

I used to live in Fremont/Newark...and I ain't going back. :p

Went to the local market and they had a ton of Pepsi and MountainDew throwback. And it was cheaper then the normal HFCS kind. So I bought 4 cases. :D

Man you guys are tempting me. I wish it came in 2L bottles! I'm a store brand gal, but I'd spring the extra if it was in bulk volume.

Man you guys are tempting me. I wish it came in 2L bottles! I'm a store brand gal, but I'd spring the extra if it was in bulk volume.

IIRC, I think Wal-Mart sells 2 liters of it. :D

Won't it depend on what your local bottler choses? I've only seen it in 12 pack cans and 20oz bottles here.

Won't it depend on what your local bottler choses? I've only seen it in 12 pack cans and 20oz bottles here.

True, That's probably why no matter how hard i try, I can't find Dr. Pepper Throwback. :cry:

It wont be available in regions where Dr. Pepper is distributed by Coke. Pepsi has an exclusive contract.

Do you know if the bottlers responsible for making/producing their own packaging/labels?

^Yes (outsourced I'm sure), but I'm sure they are restricted to only selling 12pks. and 20 oz. Can't have a rogue bottler making 24 pks. or 2 Liters.

Turns out it is available locally, but I just haven't seen it. It will be mine.

According to Pepsi's website, there are only 8oz, 12oz and 20oz listed in the "Bottles and cans" assortment.

It wont be available in regions where Dr. Pepper is distributed by Coke. Pepsi has an exclusive contract.

And not always in this situation. Dr. Pepper is distributed by the same local company that distributes Pepsi but I've never seen the Heritage (not that I've looked, don't like Dr. Pepper, but that's a pretty noticeable label).

Do you know if the bottlers responsible for making/producing their own packaging/labels?

I don't know this for certain, but from a branding/advertising perspective these things are usually centrally directed. A company generally wants to present a consistent image across markets although there can be a lead-in time. For example it took a long time for the new Coke bottles and caps to make it down here. I bought one in Denver about a year before I ever saw one locally. I imagine labeling can also be subject to test marketing.

Last edited: