Pikes Peak Hillclimb 2015

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Formula 1 and Indy Car veteran, Justin Wilson will pilot a Honda-powered LMP2 (ARX-04b) race car up Pikes Peak
http://www.tflcar.com/2015/06/honda...l-take-years-pikes-peak-driven-justin-wilson/
CHvEauoWwAE7RCy.jpg

That's not the car Wilson will be driving up the Mountain, that's the #60 Shank Ligier-HPD that's being used for the full season of TUSC and has been re-liveried again. The ARX-04 is still in Patron colours and looks totally different.

Justin Wilson's LMP2 has a blown engine which can't be fixed in time :(

you need more.

before each car was a compromise between track and dirt
now they're full-on track-attack!

Um...it's more dangerous now.

Who said anything about danger? I said it was BORING.

you need more(balls).

before each car was a compromise between track and dirt
now they're full-on track-attack!
No, before, the track was completely dirt/gravel. They just slowly paved it bit by bit until there was nothing fun left. And anyone that thinks you need bigger balls to run grip style on pavement clearly has no idea.

Sad about the motorcyclist. :(

As for the track, a large part of me will miss the off-road aspect of the track, but another part of me is excited to see full blown race cars go up the mountain, Swiss hillclimb style. Should be pretty cool to see.

And anyone that thinks you need bigger balls to run grip style on pavement clearly has no idea.

says the local D1 hero :rolleyes:

go ask the isle of man racers who has the biggest balls...

Last edited:
Fastest car this year (but not of all time) was all electric! Kinda crazy watching a car go so fast with just wind noise (and a safety siren). :)

Last edited: