Plane hit a building in NY

newt1.1502.fire.wnyw.jpg

Today its 11 October...

2 people confirmed dead by NYPD, they say it was a fixed wing aircraft.

Yeah, I've just seen this on the news. I highly doubt an act of terrorism here though, I think it "just" was an accident.

its pretty much confirmed that it was not a terrorist attack. Eyewitness accounts say the craft lost control and hit the building before crashing to the ground

ya, the yankees player was the pilot and he was the only one on board, the three other casualties were poeple in the building.

privatejokr said:
For the conspiracy theorists out there, 10-11-06 is today's date. Look at it upside-down.

90-11-01?

Sad to see Cory Lidle pass like this. Good pitcher, though he didn't have a good outing during the final game for the Yankee's off-season.

From what I was told that Baseball players that have pilots liscenses, are supposed to fly with instructors. And I guess mayor Bloomberg said that there was two in the plane.

Unfortunate accident and probably not a nice reminder for Manhatten residents :(

Man i feel so bad for Cory Lidel - if i spelled his name correctly.

The guy four days ago was pitching in the playoff game and now hes dead.. sad how easily life can change.

They said something was wrong with the plane, technical difficulties. Cory lidel was with his instructor, they lost the radio connection (or whatever u call it) with the air traffic towers 4 blocks before they crashed. The last thing that was reported to the control tower was regarding a fuel leak or a technical failure.

Some witnesses said the plane was flying really low. which led to the assumptions that they might have been looking for a place to land.

Thats the most i remember from TSN, i might be a bit off.

Whatever the case and if Cory Lidel (because they only found his passport) is really dead. My heart goes out to his family (wife and a 6 year old son)

-Mojo-

I really liked Lidle when he pitched for the Blue Jays, he had some pretty solid stuff. Sad to see him go like that. My condolensces go out to his family and friends.

No Boss said:
hokiethang said:

I know, right?

Coincidence? I think not! If you look really closely you can clearly see that George Bush Regime is to blame for this blatent and obvious conspiracy theory linked "accident", it wasn't really a plane but a missle instead, and did you see how the building caught fire, airplanes can't set buildings on fire like that, not little tiny ones anyways, it'd take a C-5 galaxy to start that kind of fire, and the only people who can fly the C5 are the military which goes to prove that this is linked to the government and the bush regime look at your government, if you opened your eyes you may experiance blindness because you're staring at the sun which is a great song by the Offspring, but they sold out and no one cares anymore because Green Day is popular now, despite utterly sucking, but their message agrees with my ill logic, so I'll continue to support them and pretend that I like them, speaking of pretending, you see the way that the Mets coach acted? he's in on it, too! If you think about it, you might get a headache, and I would suggest you stop reading this garbage, because its fake anyway and really a parody of 9/11 guy scud, and the side effects include mild aggression, headaches, loathing for the stupidity of the human race, poor gas milage, hatred for nazis, hatred for idiots, upset stomach, burning oil, nausia, jock itch, athlete's foot, bald tires, high service bills, cotton mouth, dialated pupils, and higher service bills. Remember, it's all in your head! [/scud]

I do feel for his family though. My only gripe is that the news channels gave me the idea that the building was in the middle of NY with other large high rise buildings around it. Wasn't untill I saw one of the papers this morning that I got to see its close proximity to the river, which makes better sense. Knowing that there is an airport near that area, it is reasonable to assume that losing control or not knowing where your going and veering off course could've led to this.