Playstation 4

Do we have a Oculus thread?

Facebook creeps me out,' Notch ends Minecraft for Oculus Rift

Notch said:
"Facebook is not a company of grass-roots tech enthusiasts" Persson wrote. "Facebook is not a game tech company. Facebook has a history of caring about building user numbers, and nothing but building user numbers. People have made games for Facebook platforms before, and while it worked great for a while, they were stuck in a very unfortunate position when Facebook eventually changed the platform to better fit the social experience they were trying to build."

"Don't get me wrong, VR is not bad for social," he added. "In fact, I think social could become one of the biggest applications of VR. Being able to sit in a virtual living room and see your friend's avatar? Business meetings? Virtual cinemas where you feel like you're actually watching the movie with your friend who is seven time zones away?"

"But I don't want to work with social, I want to work with games."

Oculus founders: Facebook lets us bring the best VR experience to a billion people

Last edited:
Do we have a Oculus thread?

I couldn't find one.

Bjm-H2ECcAAcps0.jpg

Oculus founders: Facebook made us billionaires overnight so naturally we sold out[/URL]

Fixed it for you.

That is honestly how I see it now. It took me from being really excited about that to turning me off heavily. It was a really cool indie startup with crowd funding and an open Development, and now its just another tick on the Zuckerburg aquire list. Whenever I read stuff like "we don't care about being profitable right away" it reads to me like corporate speak for "we'll make money off of you in a other ways like micro transactions and ad revenue". Not real happy about that. I'm definitely on the side of Notch on this one. I know they would be behind the curve, but this really opens the doors for another VR company to take over the indie space.

edit:

If anyone wanted Notch's full statement on this, here it is...

http://notch.net/2014/03/virtual-reality-is-going-to-change-the-world/

I thought this was the most apt part that expresses my thoughts too...

Fortunately, the rise of Oculus coincided with competitors emerging. None of them are perfect, but competition is a very good thing. If this means there will be more competition, and VR keeps getting better, I am going to be a very happy boy. I definitely want to be a part of VR, but I will not work with Facebook. Their motives are too unclear and shifting, and they haven?t historically been a stable platform. There?s nothing about their history that makes me trust them, and that makes them seem creepy to me.

And I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition.

I have the greatest respect for the talented engineers and developers at Oculus. It?s been a long time since I met a more dedicated and talented group of people. I understand this is purely a business deal, and I?d like to congratulate both Facebook and the Oculus owners. But this is where we part ways.

Last edited:
The only thing i see in this acquisition is that they want to copy google and get in the hardware business, but without a clear vision of what they want to do with the company.

PlayStation 4 Sales Surpass 7.0 Million Units Worldwide in 4 months.

PS4 software sales are another bright spot, with more than 20.5 million copies sold at retail and PlayStation Store worldwide as of April 13th, 2014.

It's out sold the Wii U which is at 6 million to date. After 18 months. :lmao:
XONE is at just over 4 million.

Linky

PS4 beats XONE sales for March... you know TitanFall the greatest console exclusive of all time March.

The NPD Group has issued its March video game sales report, revealing a 28 percent drop in software sales (including PC) to $432 million. Hardware, however, soared 78 percent on the strength of the new consoles, totaling $395 million. Accessories were also up 4 percent to $224 million. Overall, total industry sales increased 3 percent to $1.03 billion.

NPD noted that Sony's PlayStation 4 led hardware sales (for the third month in a row) despite the Xbox One exclusive Titanfall topping the games chart. Globally, Sony announced recently that PS4 had surpassed 7 million units sold.

Everyone assumed MS would win March, but Neogaf is all just...

RaggedFlawlessDachshund.gif

TitanFall (combined) did have the most software sales of March.

Linky

I know it's kinda pointless, however it does look pretty good.

Soo good I got one. :p

zxp99f.jpg

k4cgt4.jpg

PS4 Firmware 2.0 coming 28th of October.

USB Music Player: PS4 owners can play their own music in the background while playing a game using USB Music Player*. After inserting a USB stick loaded with music into the PS4, a new option for USB Music Player will appear. Supported filename extensions include MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP.

Change colors: In addition to the ability to add a theme, PS4 owners can also change the background of the home screen from light blue to one of seven new colors: gold, blue, red, green, purple, pink, and gray.
Players You May Know: PS4 will now suggest players you may know in the ?What?s New? section, recommending gamers your friends frequently play with.

Enhancements to Live Broadcasting: Masamune brings a variety of improvements to live broadcasting on PS4. In the Live From PlayStation app, PS4 owners can now select a Featured channel, which includes official broadcasts from PlayStation, broadcasts from people on a players friend list, and any game channel that the player has followed. Additionally, Live From PlayStation now has filters for searching broadcasts on a specific game, as well as support for archived broadcasts.

Content Area and Library: PS4?s Content Area, which shows the latest games and apps a PS4 owner has used, has been redesigned to help make it easier to quickly find and access content. It now shows 15 of a player?s most used apps or games, and additional items will be added to a player?s Library. The Library on PS4 has improved filter and sort functions to help organize contented by type (game / app / TV & video), name (a ? z or z ? a), recently used, or install date.

Enhanced Voice Commands: The ability to control PS4 using voice has been improved. Players can now say ?PlayStation? to begin commands, and ?All Commands,? to see a list of all voice command options available. New voice commands were added for live broadcasting, including ?Start broadcast,? ?End broadcast,? and ?Find face.?

Add To Library: The monthly free PlayStation Plus games will have an ?Add to Library? button in the PlayStation Store. This button will add a game to a PS4 owner?s library without downloading it ? saving space on their hard drive.

Share Play:
The best way to think about Share Play is like a ?virtual couch?. PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game?even when they don?t own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you?ll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let?s say that with games? you?ll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light?s local co-op mode.

With Share Play, you can even jump into a game to assist a friend. For example, if there is part of a game that you can?t quite finish, you can invite a friend to take over your controls. Like handing over the controller to a friend on your couch, your screen will be shared as your friend gets through the part of the game that has been giving you trouble?can?t get past that part in The Last of Us: Remastered when you?re hanging upside down? Get a little help.

With all the couch coop games we've been getting with Plus, I can't wait to play Towerfall, Pix, Spelunky etc online.

So instead of just giving the controller to someone at my house and the PS4 saying nothing, now it says something? Can it even log in the guest with a separate PSN profile like the One does with live profiles?

So instead of just giving the controller to someone at my house and the PS4 saying nothing, now it says something? Can it even log in the guest with a separate PSN profile like the One does with live profiles?

But this is online passing. For instance, if you cant get A+ on Hotline Miami. I can connect to your PS4 and control your game. Also Spelunky is couch co-op only, I can play it with you as if I was sat next to you.

I would like it, if when your playing couch co-op you both get trophies.

The updates out, along with share play which I haven't tried yet. There's now themes... There's no green. :lmao:

Fuck me.

15316802723_d684a739fa_b.jpg

15750688977_4f62c06001_b.jpg

[video=youtube;gDLJ6S-Br0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDLJ6S-Br0E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Theres also 20th anniversary themes for PS4, PS3 and Vita... listen to the boot-up sound. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I WANT THAT.

Now i'm stuck with a black one. :(

Also ... where do i get that theme?

nvm, theme found. <3

Last edited:
A few people complained that the PS4 log in sound plays during the PS1 boot up when turning the PS4 on.
Go to settings, sound and screen and turn off key tone (that is the PS4 log in sound)

Also make sure to have system music on (also in sound and screen area).

YourMusic_SongQueue_English(1)-970-80.jpg

Spotify got added to the PS4, I assumed it would be premium only. But nope, free accounts just get the usual adverts every so often.
You can use with the Spotify app to change song without interrupting your game. (The app used to be premium only too?)

The only problem is you have to manually turn down your games music in-options. (About 10 games so far have auto turn-off)

Vice City playlist added. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I got a PS Now beta code, which is the streaming game service.
The Americans get Uncharted 3 and UKers don't. :cry:

When you fire a game up, it loads the game. But not before it loads PS3 firmware and you get ps3 trophies. I'm not quite getting 720p video with my connection, but there is no noticable input lag. I played Blood Dragon and Arkham City with no issues.

The beta means I get the games for free, which is the biggest problem. It should be ?5 a month for all you can play games. Maybe ?10, wouldn't be bad either. However its $14.99 for a month with one game or $19.99 for all you can play for the month. Because we always get fucked, it will probably be ?19.99... A month? Hmmm, no sorry.