PlayStation Network IDs

Fellow FinalGearers who own a Fat PS3. Do not turn on your consoles.

1up said:
PlayStation 3 consoles around the world appear to have gone on strike. Reports have been coming in since Sunday that the PlayStation Network is now inaccessible, and that certain PS3 games have been rendered unplayable.

The issue appears to be affecting systems that came out before 2009's PlayStation 3 Slim. Trying to load up PS3 games on one of those systems will result in an error code and a notice that trophies cannot be loaded.

A 1UP 60 gigabyte PlayStation 3 was no exception to this sudden meltdown. Both a Japanese copy of Final Fantasy XIII and Flower gave the error code. Development studios appear to be affected as well; Develop is reporting that industry debug units have been thrown into a "rebooting cycle, due to an endlessly-looping error message."

In an update on the PlayStation Blog, Sony wrote, "We're aware that many of you are having difficulty connecting to the PlayStation Network this evening. Those of you with "slim" PS3s (the 120/250 GB models) appear to be unaffected."

"Know that we have narrowed down the issue and have engineers working to restore service even as you read this. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and genuinely appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this."

Speculation has surfaced that this problem may have to do with a calendar error. It seems that the fact that 2010 is the first even-numbered non-leap year the machine has encountered may have caused the problem. Once again, this is just speculation right now.

We'll keep you up to date as more information arrives. In the meantime, check out the running discussion of the problem at our forums.

UPDATE: Sony has released a statement confirming that the problems are caused by a clock error. They hope to resolve the issue in 24 hours, but in the meantime, they've warned PS3 users not to turn on their systems. Doing so "may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data."

We'll let you know when the all clear is given.

My account is swek20251. Add me and let me know that you're from fg.com.

It seems the model I have is not affected, but I won't turn in on, just in case...

I had mine turned on before the news emerged and everything seemed to be in order. Didn't check the date though.

ID: spjMrLAHEY

Usually playing Borderlands, GTA IV, and DiRT 2

My PSN is: WingmanV8

Big racing fan, but now i'm charging my batteries for TDU2 and GT5.

I play Worms...a lot! - Just love this harmless strat game.
Other than that i play some MW2 and some GTA IV.
Also a regular on GT5 Prologue.

PSN ID: DigbyCaesarSalad

Games;
Batman Arkham Asylum
Grand Theft Auto
Wipeout HD Fury
Brutal Legend

See you online...

Just an update -

Names are veloce95 is for games without an age limit veloceGT is for games with limits (GTA IV, Team Fortress etc.)

Games I have

GRID
NFS Undercover
NFS Shift
Midnight Club LA
GT5 Prologue
The Orange Box
Ghost Recon 2
GTA IV
Uncharted 2
Motorstorm
Wipeout HD
Burnout Paradise

Leetpro84

Figured I'd post again in here, new ID and some new games since my last post...

cobras_venom :

Borderlands (including all the currently available DLC)
The Darkness
Dark Sector
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Guitar Hero III
Need For Speed: Carbon
Need For Speed: Pro Street
Need For Speed: Undercover
Prototype
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Soul Calibur IV
Unreal Tournament III

I'm usually playing Borderlands more than anything else. :)

an update on my psn are completed games

PSN tag: Hawksmoor

Final Fantasy 13 (which i will finish sometime, somewhen, somehow, someday...)
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2
Warhawk
Resistance
Resistance 2
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty Bay

I made one last night......and just realised I have allready forgotten it, brilliant start! :p

PSN id: jpmfan007

just got console yesterday, only have GT5P, have a used copy of F1 CE on order

waiting for F1 2010 and GT5