Please Avatar makers (GIF requests)

Ethan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
737
Location
Caracas, Venezuela
I need a couple of animated Avatars:

From the [06x08]: 05.49 - 05.59 (Ferrari F430 Going Sideways in slow motion)

From the [06x09]: 53.06-53.10(Jeremy Presses the M button) + 53.18-53.24 (steering wheel, flappy paddle, etc) If is it possible all ino one

And from [06x09]: 53.41-53.43 (M5 Revcounter into high revs)

Thanks in advance

P.s.: I dunno if put it here or in TopGear.. If the topic is wrong, please move it



mod edit (SL65) - Changed title so its identifyable as " "
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,326
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Ok well if you would like to try yourself, you can use Ulead GIF Animator 5 which is easy to use. Otherwise, if someone else hasnt done it by the time I get back in the afternoon, i'll give some of em a go :)
 

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
8,061
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Ok well if you would like to try yourself, you can use Ulead GIF Animator 5 which is easy to use. Otherwise, if someone else hasnt done it by the time I get back in the afternoon, i'll give some of em a go :)
You just scared all possible Avatarmakers away with that promise :)
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,326
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
LOL I should have said "I'll TRY to give some of em a go". I'm feeling to generous today...Sydney is such a nice place to live in 8)
 

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
8,061
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
LOL I should have said "I'll TRY to give some of em a go". I'm feeling to generous today...Sydney is such a nice place to live in 8)
I bet! My place is kinda boring.. :cry:
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,326
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Ahh shit I just got back and realised that my 14-day Ulead trial has ended :x I'm trying to crack the damn thing in the meanwhile :p

As for your requests, I can't do the F430 GIF cos I don't know how to make it slow-mo :? I also wouldnt know how to combine those two GIF's you wanted together. I CAN do your final request however...i'm gonna have to wait and see if I can crack Ulead though.
 

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
8,061
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Ahh shit I just got back and realised that my 14-day Ulead trial has ended :x I'm trying to crack the damn thing in the meanwhile :p

As for your requests, I can't do the F430 GIF cos I don't know how to make it slow-mo :? I also wouldnt know how to combine those two GIF's you wanted together. I CAN do your final request however...i'm gonna have to wait and see if I can crack Ulead though.
There is a button somewhere that you can delete automatically a 1/2frames, so it halves the total frames, and that makes it slomo.
 

jneil

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
99
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Mine's not off Top Gear because I made it the old fashioned way...blood, sweat and tears!

It was a still picture of the dash of my brand new, 73km (by the time I got it home) old Holden Commodore VX Series II SS...I just modified it slightly!
 

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
22,613
Location
Lamp
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
jneil said:
Mine's not off Top Gear because I made it the old fashioned way...blood, sweat and tears!

It was a still picture of the dash of my brand new, 73km (by the time I got it home) old Holden Commodore VX Series II SS...I just modified it slightly!
And a very good one, I must say!
Are the speeds the real speeds for each gear?
 

jneil

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
99
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Redliner said:
jneil said:
Mine's not off Top Gear because I made it the old fashioned way...blood, sweat and tears!

It was a still picture of the dash of my brand new, 73km (by the time I got it home) old Holden Commodore VX Series II SS...I just modified it slightly!
And a very good one, I must say!
Are the speeds the real speeds for each gear?
Thanks! For those that don't know it's 5.7 litres of LS1 grunt!! It is not real time either...I wish!!

1st and 2nd are accurate but 3rd and above would be faster in real life. I tried to make it as close as possible but the speedo stops at 220km/h but the car is capable of about 260km/h so I had to make it top out at about 230km/h in 5th....it's a 6 speed by the way with 6th being a 0.5:1 ratio (5th is a 0.75:1 ratio) so i'd think it's top speed would be at 6200rpm in 5th.

This was my old one, a 2001 model, my current one is a 2004 Holden Commodore VY Series II SS. It has been modified to 245kw at the rear treads. That's 320hp at the wheels and about 420hp at the flywheel. Still an LS1 though. I need to make a new speedo for the new one, but I am somewhat lazy at present!
 

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
7,089
Location
Rottal-Inn
Car(s)
BMW M235i
Hell Yeah! Some amazingly good .gifs!! The ones I tried were crappy quality and too big;-)
 
Top