Police get Lotus Sportscar

TurnerGTX

SNN2319a682_376850a.jpg

GETAWAY drivers and speeders start panicking now ? the police have got a 150mph Lotus Exige.

Sergeant Paul Masterton shows off the gleaming ?35,000 beast which can hit 60mph in 4.1 seconds.

Sussex Police now reckon they have the fastest Panda car in the country.

The force based in Hastings will use the supercar at events to get boy racers to talk to them so they can give them safety advice.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article375475.ece

So "Criminals panic, we have a supercar.... that we are only using so the cool kids will talk to us."

:unsure: Does not compute.

I found that article so boring that I wandered over here --> Probably NSFW

Sweet car though and it does look good in that paint scheme.

I hope they seized it in a raid or something, because that's quite a bit of money to spend on what amounts to a novelty. It's not going to get used in any truly meaningful way. No officer would want to patrol in something that cramped and rough, and it's too small and light to be used as an Interceptor.

Sounds like the DARE cars we have over here. Used from time to time in high speed pursuits, but mostly to take to events and spread awareness.

Sounds like the DARE cars we have over here. Used from time to time in high speed pursuits, but mostly to take to events and spread awareness.

:lol: the DARE car at my old highschool was a 1992 Ford Taurus with a huge light rack on the roof. They still have it to this day and park it out front every friday for the football games.

Something like this:

http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/8626/popo2io2.jpg

Pfffft.... Holy shit, look out! :lol:

Last edited:
pfft, that's not the first fast police car here...

The coolness of it is overshadowed by the fact it isn't really going to be used on the road.

Lambo Gallardo Italian police car still wins.

Camaro1.jpg

:D in Florida the police have these, in a freeway/motorway/highway chase it would own that lotus. (i dont see the point of the lotus as a practical police vehicle, its just for showing off at events) Also, its almost certain that it was seized. Thats how police get most of their "cool" cars.

Link with more cool police vehicles:

http://www.publicsafety911.com/pics.htm

Last edited:
:lol: the DARE car at my old highschool was a 1992 Ford Taurus with a huge light rack on the roof. They still have it to this day and park it out front every friday for the football games.

Something like this:

http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/8626/popo2io2.jpg

Pfffft.... Holy shit, look out! :lol:
It's Robocop!

car4.JPG

At least you guys had a DARE car, we just had a standard Crown Vic...if we had even a 6-cyl Camaro I would have paid more attention during the end-of-the-year DARE "Say No To Drugs and Gangs" play/musical we 5th graders were forced to memorize lines for and put on.

Freaky coincidence: 4 years later, when a car flipped over in my backyard (but that's another story), the same DARE officer was first on the scene. :blink:

It would be funny to see that in a real chase. I'd just wait until its only the Lotus on me, then ditch my car. See how quickly the policeman can get out and start chasing me in the time it takes me to disappear... :lol:

Meh, Victoria has had and exige patrol car for a while now, From what I've heard they actually use it on patrol too.

Meh, Victoria has had and exige patrol car for a while now, From what I've heard they actually use it on patrol too.

And what happens when they need to arrest someone? :D

"Sorry its so hard to get in, armed felon, here, just sit down right next to me"

Lotus loaned it to them, i'm not sure for how long.

We've had a few special cars loaned to the victoria police that they've actually used for stuff, a 300C is the last one that comes to mind.

The victorian police force used to do this thing about 6 years ago where if you were a good driver who was young you got a loaner car for the day, I seem to recall they did that in partnership with BMW so you got to drive a convertible BMW around for the day :)

We've had a few special cars loaned to the victoria police that they've actually used for stuff, a 300C is the last one that comes to mind.

Yeah, the 300C is actually used for regular duties. Pretty cool.