Political or not...

Cruzz563

Needs a job!
Car(s)
Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust (Do want)
This law was passed yesterday, on the 29th, that gives Bush the right to torture American citizens if he sees you as a terrorist...I guess I should move it to the Pol. Section.

well i hope the first person he tortures is someone important so America can rally and have this law stopped. Thats completely retarted. He gives Texas a bad name which is sad because he's actually from Connecticut

This is starting to get scary. WTF is this going to solve or accomplish? I don't agree with the media's "SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN" spin, but it's fucked up either way. My only reservation is that a major media outlet hasn't picked up on this yet, which leads me to doubt the validity of this for the time being.

Why not just say "torture?"...why throw in "sexually" and "children?"

for effect i suppose but it really sounds like its fake hyper-antibush nonsense that no1 reads except the mega antibush people

Total dreck -- this is a moronic perversion of a legitimate compromise brought through by objections by conservative senators and worked out with help of the loyal opposition. If you read the professors notions are in fact, their own fantasies. The constitution never specifically says I could not rape the elderly and if my state did not make a law: its legal - technically. This particular document does not say anything about it for the same reasons: some one would question the wisdom of it. Second how many guys in the CIA do you think signed on for that type of thing. How many men have you seen just walking around with raging boners willing to stick it in anything ?oh that blender is jammed il fix it?. Its children, you don?t need to sexually assault them for information. I mean you can?t trick a kid; you certainly cant out think them if you believe this shit.

The same day, Friday, opened with the Senate sending Bush the Pentagon budget by a 100-0 vote. The president signed the legislation the same day. Its not Bush, its not the office President, its not the legislature, that you people hate its your self?s for not being able to comprehend the complex nature of the world so you angrily howl at the moon wanting it to make the world be just right.

Firecat said:
Why not just say "torture?"...why throw in "sexually" and "children?"

Which gets a bigger reaction? "This bill lets them torture terrorists" or "This bill lets Bush Sodomize little Jonny from down the street"? Just like most of stuff put out by the mainstream media, it's all for shock value. "Like, oh my, god. That's totally gross, I'm gonna like totally not vote for bush in '08."

Yeah...I think the real issue here is the twisting of perceptions...

I only clicked on the first link, did any of those links have a copy of the bill?

No and thats part of it, anything like this is going to be long and complicated and people lack the attention span. Second is the fact the image of the politicals are that most people are exactly like your quote

"Like, oh my, god. That's totally gross, I'm gonna like totally not vote for bush in '08."

Thats just the point, dems are not trying to do this by the way, liberal machine cogs are: and they are blind with hate for bush. They dont see that he isnt going up for election in 08 and when they take this far left stance it makes the republicans look better and more center than they are

I think our media is relying on the ignorance of most Americans....

Political ignorance of the general population is not restricted to Americans IMHO. Media is owned by vested interests world wide I am afraid.

In 1980, Mubarak came to power and through the Emergency Law, torture became accepted outside the previous norms, which were limited to political prisoners and foreign captives. Now, it is accepted accross the board. What was once limited to Islamic Jihad and communisists, now applies to petty thieves who are beaten to get an easy confession.

I wouldn't want that to happen to America. Then again, the judicial system down there is much better than ours, doubt they would let that happen.