News: Porsche Taycan (aka: former Mission E)

Porsche has announced the Taycan 4S, which offers marginally less performance at a lower price.

porsche-taycan-4s.jpg

porsche-taycan-4s.jpg

porsche-taycan-4s.jpg

This, I think, will be popular here. Aka: I can't see anyone here buying the Panamera when this hits the market.

Also, configurator is up, I would love this:
iris

iris

iris

Still, with the options I put on it, it got ridiculously expensive though, 1,4 million NOK ($150'000 USD). Ouch.

Last edited:
A bit off topic but i bothered to look the grab handles up and I feel very validated in that it is nearly identical to the ones in the bug which I am of the opinion are superior to any other car. Seems the Porsche/beetle joke still stands ?

You can brace your entire arm on the door with these things they are spectacular

And yeah tbh if I was shopping for unaffordable electric cars that one factor alone would be a pretty big tip to the Porsche because GOD i wish I had them in the fiat.

If I were shopping for overpriced power wheels I would def go for Porsche over the Edison, because at least Porsche knows how to build a proper chassis and luxury interior.

It's Taycan my breath away!

Nicht gut: EPA rates the Taycan Turbo's range at just 201 miles (325 km). That is undoubtedly disappointing, as the mantra ahead of the launch and though the development was "at least 500 km" (310 miles). Porsche must have been aware of this, as they commissioned an independent range test that rated the Taycan Turbo at 275 miles (442 km).

Still, most people do less than 100 miles per day, so they'll most likely be fine with this. Also, I can't imagine that anyone who are in the market for this, won't have a dedicated garage space where they can install a charger.

To be fair I doubt that this would be something the owners would even want to take on long drives. Considering the price point they are likely to have several more comfortable long distance cruisers.

To be fair I doubt that this would be something the owners would even want to take on long drives. Considering the price point they are likely to have several more comfortable long distance cruisers.
That is probably true. However, with the expanding fast charging networks, Ionity in Europe, and Electrify America in North America, doing long trips in this shouldn't be much of a problem. Additionally, there are also fast chargers from other networks. None of these chargers are as numerous as Tesla's superchargers, but they will get there eventually. About 20 minutes from almost 0 to 80 % is barely enough time to have a coffee.

Also, less powerful Taycans will have longer range. It will be interesting to see how the 4S (and even less performance oriented models) fares here. Range is obviously suffering with these ridiculously powerful EVs.

That is probably true. However, with the expanding fast charging networks, Ionity in Europe, and Electrify America in North America, doing long trips in this shouldn't be much of a problem. Additionally, there are also fast chargers from other networks. None of these chargers are as numerous as Tesla's superchargers, but they will get there eventually. About 20 minutes from almost 0 to 80 % is barely enough time to have a coffee.
US driving culture is such that we tend to try and minimize stops on longer drives. Also check out the Tesla thread ;)

Also, less powerful Taycans will have longer range. It will be interesting to see how the 4S (and even less performance oriented models) fares here. Range is obviously suffering with these ridiculously powerful EVs.
Right that's another thing, performance oriented cars have less range, it's true for ICE as much as it is for EV.

US driving culture is such that we tend to try and minimize stops on longer drives. Also check out the Tesla thread ;)

us culture used to be negros picking cotton as well
Times changes, get used to it and adapt

• Haha
Reactions: MWF
us culture used to be negros picking cotton as well
Times changes, get used to it and adapt
Times are supposed to change for the better (ending slavery) not for the worse (at minimum quadrupling refueling times)

Something occurred to me, range is the 0-60 times for electric cars. In that it is a rather meaningless figure for fanboys to fight over. The reality is that EV buyers generally won’t be needing that range and will have somewhere to charge on daily basis (be it home, office, nearby shop, etc..).

Last edited:
Times are supposed to change for the better (ending slavery) not for the worse (at minimum quadrupling refueling times)

you get cleaner air, less dependency on the middle east and more high end jobs (electricians > pump attendants)
that's a change for the better if you ask me

you get cleaner air, less dependency on the middle east and more high end jobs (electricians > pump attendants)
that's a change for the better if you ask me
You can get same thing with natural gas, but not have to waste a shit ton of time filling up or require your house to be a gas station.
(Also in US case most of our oil doesn’t come from middle east).
Making travel slower is a huge step backwards, imagine if someone came up with new internet tech that would say be 100% secure but ran at dial up speeds, do you think there would be much interest till speeds picked up to what we have now?

What car is the OP talking about? The Taycan? If so I would point out that a fast GT like the Taycan doing similar emissions to a shitbox that is Leaf is pretty god damn amazing.

The Nissan Leaf is the car the OP was talking about. Posting it was in connection to the post about clean air. Even switching to a clean fuel like propane will not result in emissions that are that "clean".

Of course not, but better than the current situation is still an improvement over continuing to do the same thing forever.

Of course not, but better than the current situation is still an improvement over continuing to do the same thing forever.

Propane and natural gas would be great in long haul trucking. Those diesel engines are still pretty dirty and a simple fuel.swap would make a huge difference in their emissions output. Shipping also needs to switch to a much cleaner fuel.

The Nissan Leaf is the car the OP was talking about. Posting it was in connection to the post about clean air. Even switching to a clean fuel like propane will not result in emissions that are that "clean".
I don't consider CO2 a pollutant... You breathe out a bunch of it (bout 2.3lbs a day, more if you work out).

Not to mention that it still allows for a similar user experience as your normal gas/diesel vehicle.

Last edited: