Positive Opinions of Unpopular Cars

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
Inspired by @Blind_Io here is where we can post about cars that tend to be disliked but we don't care and love em anyway.

I'll start with the Isuzu Vehicross, yes it's weird looking and impractical but I still love em

I had to Google that. And promptly wished I hadn't. Very grateful we never got those.

It reminds me of the first time I saw someone wearing a (brown!) pair of Crocs and it took every fibre of my being not to point at them and shout "What the FUCK have you got on your feet?"

I would like to make the case for the Smart Roadster Coupe...

racetracker_5008915_74627_S1920.jpg

It's made out of plastic by French people so it breaks down. All the time. It has a gearbox so retarded it would make a Kardashian look like Einstein and it looks like the love-child from an unholy union between a Honda Beat and a tarantula but..... once you learn how to use the gearbox and anticipate changes, when it's working properly and you have the targa roof off, on the right road it's a HOOJ GIGGLE!

Last edited:
AMC Eagles are cool.

I also have a weird boner for the Studebaker Avanti, even though those big round headlights and air intake make it look like it's just had a surprise visit from the vet's forearm.

BlaRo!!! :shakefist:

1963-studebaker-avanti-r2-front.jpg

So I may like minivans a little too much :|

I'm becoming fascinated with late-model VWs with the naturally aspirated 5-cylinder engine. Slower than the turbo 4s? Yes. Typical VW risks? Yes. Sounds like a V-10 when uncorked? Also yes.

I also have a weird boner for the Studebaker Avanti, even though those big round headlights and air intake make it look like it's just had a surprise visit from the vet's forearm.

BlaRo!!! :shakefist:

1963-studebaker-avanti-r2-front.jpg

I can't unsee it now.

• Haha
Reactions: MWF
I'll start with the Isuzu Vehicross, yes it's weird looking and impractical but I still love em

There are 2 or 3 of them around here that I see on a fairly regular basis, not gonna lie, I've looked them up on Craigslist several times in the past few years.

As for my positive opinion of an unpopular car....

r5oGzZSl.png

I've really liked those ever since they came out, no idea why. I remember when I was a dumb teenager, I even pretended I had one when I registered for automotive forums.

Also am a big fan of these dumb things
7cNOsrbl.png

I don't know what it is about me an liking useless unpractical pickup trucks made by companies that should not be making pickup trucks.

Last edited:
Not about a particular car, but more in general:
  • 16" Wheels > 18" Wheels
  • sidewall rules
Depends on the car for me, I think the Mustang has a good rim to sidewall ratio, it’s not quite low profile but also not massive.

On non sporty cars on the other hand, low pros make no sense at all

I agree on wheel size, especially on performance luxury sedans from the 90s and earlier. Low profile rims just don't look good. For off road use 16 > 17 > 18, etc.

There are 2 or 3 of them around here that I see on a fairly regular basis, not gonna lie, I've looked them up on Craigslist several times in the past few years.

Yes. Probably a bit of the "we didn't get them" -factor in there, but I've been browsing them ever since I learned about them.

So I may like minivans a little too much :|

How about..

AWD Delica
Z37Q5xm6K9Iz3Wcn-dEYH_9Rb_vjX9GNoXNVt9XMjCjNefqUYzJjEbuUUgyAqJUsR7jlH4afdOvybeMacBTNLzGtvMHcW2tPhADUkFlU3rENL9qE76ezdSmgUEQTO8qyFFf10ocUV8-I9lGRU-FLH2CMjpRFp08x-yy_JWCDhl4Z7kx5zEfI4-yX1L6INqKiVyw07syjYIa9pB_kmuXksv-xqsXGjkWdpiEWyb7OgwKPykAkSrcljen5iNquJdW6PBPlcC-eROQ2TIeEyy06022umCCZApWOw6n4BoYn0-vlmDZxX-MaFhrzk1NO2t3sYyZe4qJi0CxvQjuv_b4JIpUwa4KAWsZsKcDO-7nbF0At8F7EEJWTKqo-RLza-iDJd9vdIXQ0EXNijuBpvaU-vN9lJrcmGB4FNcwbjjS2Tx3uEQZJlIu1B1CdQZIpm6AVbguedyc_In1zhkBx45LgA_AhxKKKWLqQ4BnKEf4fJxrdUJZJZ9O_cIPlcrnoxb98mp8vKoPYQCwhr-t1mMYbb2HcN004zIb_CddGfyV5R1p-chOmC_diqUa32sQkZmxii-eDH8op4zRf5qhc-Qgd_nLS4X-w3XG3BxZNjBQ8fBXKuzQ4kWIhpWn5UKVMgmHg2qDfC7VHBgCe1yTk9NacugXqK2XUUkhuTOtw8GeQr15atvcePub45Q=w1280-h680-no

Or Pontiac Trans Sport
14952274-pontiac-trans-sport-se-3800-automat-3.jpg

Trans sport especially is one of my earliest car based memories, apart from BMWs of course, just looked so different amidst recession ridden traffic. I presume neither are very good cars, but I do find them interesting still.

The Transport was just GM badge engineering, it wasn't a great van but saw some popularity in the Oldsmobile form thanks to the film Get Shorty ("It's the Cadillac of Minivans!")

The Delica is actually interesting along with the 4WD Toyota competitor. If I absolutely had to have a minivan I would pick one of those.

Any love for the 914?

used-1972-porsche-914--10029-18782259-1-1024.jpg