Post a pic of yourself

Sweet trenchcoat! Is that wiring project the reason ya haven't been posting lately?

Yeah, I mentioned it in another post. A client of mine moved into a 'new' (to them) building. Unfortunately, the old tenants had taken all the old networking gear with them (which they weren't supposed to) and then screwed up all the wiring. It's been a comedy of errors since; I hired CrazyJeeper to come with me and help run cable for a couple of days, but that definitely hasn't been the end of the headaches. In fact, I just got more in the sense that I'm going to have to replan the entire network (fortunately, without having to recable) to make a proprietary software package work.

And then I get to go down to Houston to the OTHER shop they just bought (which is already a going concern) and get them hooked up with the same software package. Then somehow VPN them together with two totally different vendors' gear.

I shouldn't complain. At least it pays well. Edit: Even if I do have to replace every single patch cable in the building because some idiotmy predecessor made them out of Cat3.

Last edited:
How's the Lancer on the track Coco?
Lots of whee. :D

I had to point a lot of people through because I was one of the slowest cars there, but then I didn't have to worry about them crashing into me for being slow in front of them! Haha.

I think it's a little soft (err, compared to everything everyone else tends to bring), but not too bad. It kinda felt like it was unsettling itself a bit in this one rough spot (those dagblasted lumps right before the hairpin), but I guess it wasn't really. Someone just needs to whack me the next time I want to lift there because it's just a big, gradual curve. I probably just need to just suck it up about the bumpiness and dig the set of huge balls out of the glove compartment. Erm, the Autobianchi seems fine through there? Lulz.

It understeers a bit, but meh, so did the Failtima. I didn't hit anyone or wreck my car, so yay!

Slightly related: I've somehow managed not to spin the Lancer at autocross. I always spun the dang Failtima. The Lancer's pretty nose-heavy and the understeer was more noticeable on those tight little courses than it was on the track, but it's like a night and day difference between the Lancer and the Failtima. This one's just...hard to spin. I couldn't even get it to spin on icky bricky cold tires last month. lolwut.

Also slightly related: is it just me, or do helmets make y'all want to headbutt things? :lol:

I am going to top all of these helmet pictures tomorrow, I just don't want my head to smell bad before I go to bed.

Do you mean "write"?:p

I used the word "right" instead of the word "write" to portray the irony in pointing out someone else's bad spelling in order to lighten the tone, so as not to appear a complete douchebag.

Want me to tie your shoelaces as well?