Post a pic of yourself

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2008/12/23/whozatcolor.jpg

IT'S COLD OUTSIDE, OMG. Yeah, I just stuck my camera on a tree and put the self timer on.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2008/12/23/santargh.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS from the grumpiest/bordest looking santa on the street

l_2d2d2dbc07794461885beed5973fd641.jpg

Note: that is not a camel toe, I was just standing funny.
Also, apparently my cheeks aren't always that big.

:w00t: Coooooooooool!!!!! I'm seeing Franz on the 5th, can't wait (although I haven't heard any of the new stuff).

Ramseus, I feel your pain. Although I can't even imagine -40 degrees. :?

pfft, it was only -22 (-33 windchill)

:w00t: Coooooooooool!!!!! I'm seeing Franz on the 5th, can't wait (although I haven't heard any of the new stuff).

Word of advice: Be prepared to dance.

pfft, it was only -22 (-33 windchill)

Yeah, but I heard -40 degrees with windchill a few days back.

What does that even feel like? Coldest I've ever experienced was in Montreal in a January... until these last two weeks here.

Heh, yeah, it's warmed up the past couple days, it was -40 a week ago when I was getting christmas shopping done though. If you're bundled up to the max!? windchill is meaningless, and in the woods/park where I like to meander the trees effectively kill all the wind anyways, and we only get a couple days if any of sub -40 without the windchill. If you're bundled everywhere else but not wearing a mask or scarf in -40 your face chills very quickly, which causes your nose to run, which then freezes, and the moisture from your breath comes back and freezes all over your face - the cure for a rosy cheeked frozen face is some nice throat burningly hot hot chocolate, marshmallows add +1 warming power. Other than your face, without warm enough legwear your legs will get seriously cold, first the burning coldness (it's like when you make a snowball with barehands, it's so cold it burns, but it's your legs instead and you can't rub them and put them in your pockets), and then after a while just numb coldness, also if all your wool socks are in the laundry you'll get cold feet, which is really painful and no amount of curling your toes up will help.

Blah blah, coldness is cold, tl;dr: Pretty much, if you're dressed properly, -40, -20, no different, the only difference is an extra layer of clothing and face gear being a necessity unless you want to walk around with your head buried into your coat as much as possible. >_> I actually don't like it when it's -10 to 0-ish because my winter coat's too warm (sweating in subzero temperatures, not something you would expect)

Looks like Winnipeg's almost twice as cold as Montreal, Winnipeg: -22.8 average low for January, Montreal: -14.7 average low for January, and Vancouver: 0.5. Bah, I hate you, I miss BC (even though I was only a wee tyke when we moved away, snow for a couple days a year... *sigh*)

^ That's a detailed reply, thanks. :)

But I agree, I have come to realize it's pretty easy to protect yourself from the cold. It's not as bad as one might assume. And yeah, Vancouver is supposed to rarely go below zero. But we do get a lot of rain... the last few weeks have been really cold, but it's actually been a lot sunnier than usual.

I actually don't like it when it's -10 to 0-ish because my winter coat's too warm (sweating in subzero temperatures, not something you would expect)

Wait, do you guys use ?C or ?F? Because while I've often sweated in -single digits ?C, I can't imagine sweating in -10?F...

Coldest I can remember was -24?C 15 or so years ago on new years eve.

I remember it quite well, because it was the kind of cold that has a smell. You just felt on your skin that it was not healthy to stay out for longer than a couple of minutes...

Wait, do you guys use ?C or ?F? Because while I've often sweated in -single digits ?C, I can't imagine sweating in -10?F...

We use Celsius... I don't want to get into this discussion, but I never understood why Americans used Fahrenheit or where they got it from. Centigrade obviously makes much more sense.

Plus, I don't think many would survive -40 F. :p

I want real weather here! It's been many years since last time we had below -25. And now it is only -10, snow doesn't even scrunch at that temperature.

Oh, I'm stupid. I forgot to put in the - when I used a converter so I got 104.

I stand corrected, but let's move on, we're waaaay off topic by now. :p

n511186664_1159264_7959.jpg

yarrr