Post a pic of yourself

It’s called “five guys” because that’s how many people it takes to finish one order of their fries.

Not if you’re depressed!

The O2 in London (what was the Millenium Dome). Pre-gig food before The Electric Soul Festival - four main acts with unsigned support artists in between. Was a really great gig, right up until Kool and the Gang started the final set; once we realised they were into their fourth number and neither of us had tapped a foot once we headed out for cocktails instead!

I thought Europeans always made fun of Americans for our love of fast food and burgers? :tease:

Five Guys is decent. In-N-Out is much better, imho, and I wish we had them on the east coast. Regardless, I try not to go to any such places, which has become much easier now that I've moved and no longer have McDonald's, Five Guys, and Moe's (burrito joint) within easy walking distance.

Tell me about it. We ordered two regular sizes fries. We barely finished one. Lesson learned. Will definitely be eating at one again and their veggie sandwich was perfect for HWF 3.0.

RCxCYOpm.jpg

Five Guys is decent. In-N-Out is much better

Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.

Last edited:
I found INO to be acceptable and fresh on the burger front but nothing outstanding. Their fries, at least the ones I tasted, were dry, bland and had a texture like cardboard.

If I had to nitpick about Five Guys then I’d suggest they offer a quality local cheese on their burger rather than square American style stuff. A really strong mature cheddar on that burger I had on Saturday would have iced the cake.

I got spoiled in college when I lived in a house that had a deep fryer and we made our own fries and chips from sliced potatoes. We had that down to a science. Burger King used to have good fries up until a few years ago when they actually were sliced potatoes rather than today's extruded potato mush.

The O2 in London (what was the Millenium Dome). Pre-gig food before The Electric Soul Festival - four main acts with unsigned support artists in between. Was a really great gig, right up until Kool and the Gang started the final set; once we realised they were into their fourth number and neither of us had tapped a foot once we headed out for cocktails instead!

Oh, cool, very nice. I was at the one in Ealing not too long ago and the layout seemed to be the same, that's why I asked.
So not a Kool concert, then?

It was good up until Kool and the Gang. When they started their set we suddenly felt like we were on a cruise ship rather than at a gig.

I was going through an old external hard drive of my dad's and I found this pic... This is me about 18 or 19 years ago back when I lived in the UK. The Mini belonged to the husband of one of my dad's coworkers at the time, and was purchased from a little old lady who could no longer drive. It only had 9000 or so miles on it, which everyone thought was amazing (because Americans drive EVERYWHERE!).
Ty1upuH.jpg

This is the face of a man in charge of 17 tons, 1150hp with a large Bombay Sapphire and tonic.
116077f1d6cfedf6422de88a2db67496.jpg

Are those vents from a Mk1 Audi TT?

Yes they are.

Please excuse the Instagramification of the photo—I took it with the app so there's no "pure" version.

6ZHqGhn.jpg