Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Might be getting a chance to murder prostitutes next week... it's 'almost' confirmed.

If not I'll have to swim the Humber and find agency work in Immingham instead.

Isn't there another forum member that works at R*?

This thread is nearly ten years old and has over 2,000 posts and this is my first one because I don't like to brag. However... I had my grad school commencement today.

gradlyfe.jpg

giphy.gif

Congrats!

After more than five years busting my ass at my current job, I have finally moved on to bigger and better things.

As of Monday I will start as a recruitment consultant for the largest company in the personnel transportation business. This is a big deal: they are splitting the recruiting away from the HR and it's going to be on me to build that up into a proper operation over the coming years.

Aaaaaalso obviously I get to say goodbye to driving duties.
Other things: my working hours go from 12-14 hours/day to 8h/day. Commute is 17km/20 minutes less in each direction. I get my own office and phone. Fixed salary instead of commission.

I am slightly stoked, even though it hasn't quite sunken in yet. I only sent my application in on Wednesday last week. It's the end of a long phase in my life but this is truly a new beginning, the opportunity I have been hunting for.

I have finally completed my BSE in Computer Engineering. It took me 6 months longer than planned, but I just graduated Magna Cum Laude on Thursday. Working 30-40 hours a week didn't make it any easier, but I suppose graduating debt free makes it worth while.

I will also change job codes next week from intern to engineer.

I'm really looking forward to only having to work, and not having to worry about paying for or keeping up with school.

I have finally completed my BSE in Computer Engineering. It took me 6 months longer than planned, but I just graduated Magna Cum Laude on Thursday. Working 30-40 hours a week didn't make it any easier, but I suppose graduating debt free makes it worth while.

I will also change job codes next week from intern to engineer.

I'm really looking forward to only having to work, and not having to worry about paying for or keeping up with school.

Congrats man! I know how that feels, working full time and going to school full time is a bitch, hell I'm about to go back to school if I'm able to in a few weeks. Hopefully this time I'll survive and get shit done.

Good luck.

I'm now officially old, or at least "senior" (where are my new business cards? :D). A slight raise (judging by how easy that raise came through, I should have asked for more) came with it, plus a one-time cash bonus and a restaurant voucher with such a high value that I have serious trouble finding a restaurant I can spend it in.

Congrats! If you can't find a restaurant expensive enough, then you must not be looking hard enough :D

I also got new business cards today, wohoo!

I'm now officially old, or at least "senior" (where are my new business cards? :D). A slight raise (judging by how easy that raise came through, I should have asked for more) came with it, plus a one-time cash bonus and a restaurant voucher with such a high value that I have serious trouble finding a restaurant I can spend it in.

Save it for next ringmeet and you can take care of the restaurant bill for saturday :mrgreen:

I just took a job as the Property Manager for Ebner Properties here in Columbus.

So..free townhouse for me! And I'll finally have time to come back here and piddle around for a bit. :)

Neat!

I finally got around to change my electricity and gas providers. Should be good for saving at least ?200/year.

I'm erm....back in school, again.

A friend joked that I should get my own "park anywhere" permit there since I've been there for so fucking long.

With 4 classes to go (including my nemesis, applied calc) I'll be happy to be done.

I just took a job as the Property Manager for Ebner Properties here in Columbus.

So..free townhouse for me! And I'll finally have time to come back here and piddle around for a bit. :)

Yay!

Last edited: