Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Update: got a 1.3 (A-) in the oral exam in my major and the second reviewer for my Magister (=Master) thesis finally settled for a 1.3, too. That means my total score in my major is a 1.3, which i am perfectely happy with, especially considering that i spent at least two third of my time working not studying for the last couple of years.

Last edited:
And if I succeed thursday, I'll be the 4th MCITP:Enterprise Admin.

And I succeeded. 880/1000, not bad at all, a lot more difficult that all the other exams for MCITP

First "job" during school: worked at a BMW dealership, but it was 95% cleaning the garage and only 5% driving (although the driving was much more fun).
Second job: served my civilian service as a sort of paramedic with the German Red Cross, but not the kind who got to drive to accidents and emergencies all the time (only sometimes). Most of the time we were driving patients from one hospital to another, or home, or from home to doctors/hospitals/retirement homes. Still drove an ambulance though and got my share of emergencies.
Then I studied physics and now I plan to advance to a doctoral degree.

Another "final exams" update: Finished my first minor subject 1.0 (straigth A).
Sadly, this is only one sixth of my overall grade, but anyways ;)

Congrats! :)

And shouldn't your name be "Magister Grip" or something? ;)

thx :)

It's a running gag among my film colleagues that once i finished my doctorate degree, i'll do one final film as key grip so i'll get an official credit as Dr. Grip ;)

I'd like the achievement of worst interview ever.

Had a telephone interview happening today, so the guy rings me up at 11:25. (Appointment was at 11)
My phone at home is knackered, it started playing up last night, so as a back-up.... I found an old Motorola in the kitchen cabinet.

So he tries twice and we decide to give up on the landline, he tries the mobile "Erm, you're clearer, but theres little volume in your voice." Try again...
I managed to answer his first question, and... "Sorry I can't hear you."

So I laughed "This isn't going well is it?" (Slight based Clarksonism)
He laughed "no"

As a last ditch attempt, I thought I can be at my sisters in an hour. "Ring me there at 1PM."
Dude didn't ring back, which I knew he wouldn't.

Attempted to ring my mum at work to say "Get a new fucking phone" and some old c*** hung up on me twice.

Needless to say, the bottle of JD next to my PC is going down nicely and quickly.

I got straight A's for summer school...whooooooo!!!

(I'm not exactly the brightest, so this definitely had made my month. Year. Decade. Whatever.)

I got my GCSE results today..

2 A*'s , 4 A's and 4 B's.

I got upset about getting a B in Religious Studies because I got the highest grade/mark in the year in the Mock exams LAST YEAR. That threw me off a lot but, a party tonight to drown my sorrows I'm sure will make it all better :)

I did my GCSEs one at a time at 14 and 15 years old, Archaeology and Geography, I only got a B and a C, mostly because I put in almost no effort.

Then I passed an ECDL course, and then a Certificate in Computing, then another cert in Computing (I moved house and started at a new college) and now I'm ready to do my HNC Computing, starting on Monday.:)

And thats the extent of my qualifications, 2 GCSEs, 2 NQ/Cs and ECDL... Its rendered me pretty much un-employable for any decent job.

I've no idea how this has happened, but my podcast has just become the NUMBER ONE arts podcast in all of Australia. Heck, I've overtaken TEDtalks!

And I'm quite chuffed about it all :)

So I just called in for my GRE writing scores.

I thought that I had great essay choices and I thought I did well, so I was hoping for like a 4 or in the very most a 5 out of 6.

If you don't know, the GRE has 2 essays, 1 is an issue essay and the other is an argument essay. Both are graded out of 6 and you receive the average.

I called em up and I'm kinda feeling sorta sad or like I have this feeling my scores are mediocre. And then the lady tells me the scores

I GOT A PERFECT SCORE ON BOTH ESSAYS

:w00t::w00t::w00t::mouse::mouse::mouse::banana::banana::banana:

An essay, graded out of six? Seriously? What a stupid marking system. But congrats anyway. :p

So, I had an interview for a job in Brisbane a few weeks ago and they phoned me today to tell me that I was the successful applicant. I move there in 2-3 weeks! :D

Joined in my first roda today in Capoeira!!! Fumbled like a fecker, looked like a right twat but really enjoyed myself!!!

Damn the blisters on my feet!! Ouchie.