Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

I have now completed 4 out of 6 units in my first year of my Enterprise and Entrepreneurship course. The final two units of the year start this week, I will complete them and year one is wrap. :dance:

Kinda forgot about this thread, haha. On Saturday I finished the final exam of my undergraduate degree (BSc Civil Engineering, minor Environmental Engineering), and went through the Iron Ring ceremony last month to be ordained as an engineer in Camp 18. Now it's another 4 years to get my P.Engg and stamp, so I may do my M.Eng while I'm working towards that.

Pretty happy with myself, been in school waaaay to long. :lol:

wohoo, scored a research project on controlled auto-ignition :)
Gasoline HCCI, also called Controlled Auto-Ignition (CAI), allows for significant efficiency gains in combination with extremely low NOx emissions when compared to conventional spark-ignited combustion concepts.

Didn't M-B do something in that field as well, called DiesOtto? Also, congrats!

yes indeed, they had some research engine and/or car in 2007.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesotto said:
Hubraum: ca. 1800 cm?
Leistung: ca. 175 kW (238 PS)
Drehmoment: ca. 400 Nm
Verbrauch: ca. 5,3 Liter/100 km SuperPlus

some of the literature i have on the topic is based on work by MB.

Still, considering the consumption, 'snot bad.

It's also a hybrid with a 15kW electric motor.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a funky engine. It's just not as good as that excerpt from the factsheet suggested to me at first glance.

Also, 98 octane fuel only apparently.

Achievement unlocked: Motorcycle licence, theoretical part. Now I need to get on with the actual driving lessons.
Achievement unlocked: Motorcycle license, road test. :)

Good thing I'm so old already... no restriction to 27 kW this way. :)

Then maybe you should start practicing for this...

Nono, you see Ice never actualy hits the deer.....he hits everything else in sight with the deer getting away laughing :p

*edit*

Whoooo! he's on the negrepp button again :p succes!

Last edited:
Woooo! Just finished my junior year of college!!! I'm still waiting on grades, but I'm sure I've had my best semester yet.

Also, got a job offer with Saint-Gobain for a summer internship today!!

Fuck yeah, high fives all around!

I also finished my Master's Degree, and will have the entire summer of till August for fucking around till med school starts. Once this damn internship ends of course.

Got another job offer today. The pay is not as good as my Saint-Gobain offer, but the work seems a lot more interesting, so I took it.

Hooray for new job. Starting this Monday!

Well what is it?

Last edited: