Post your animated GIFs thread (56k takes a bus)

This is going to be good.
Cd5sg.gif
Should I tell him, or are we gonna let Blind_Io have the honor?

People react to situations in different ways. Shock, fear, fight, run. You might say a picture is worth a thousand words but none of us can be sure of what state the driver was in.

I'm not excusing this guy's poor driving or trying to demean its shocking end product but can I suggest we don't get into a huge row about this since none of us are in possession of all the relevant facts.

And let's all agree to handle our vehicles in the most responsible manner possible so that we neither cause another road user injury or worse nor have to live with the results.

This is going to be good.
Cd5sg.gif

Should I tell him, or are we gonna let Blind_Io have the honor?
Well, from those reactions I deduce I dropped a brick with that post and he did have an accident (how should I know?). I would have left that question out if I knew that but without the question the general statement is still valid.

It is also worth noting, the man being pulled out from under the car is wearing nothing resembling safety gear.

SxsGK-1dragged.jpg

I don't want to seem like an ass, but wouldn't it be a reasonable assumption he is at least partially responsible for his current condition by not wearing a helmet? It sucks he got so badly hurt but when you get behind the wheel of a car or on a motorcycle you are putting yourself at risk for that by not putting on a helmet or seatbelt.

Reactions: TC
It is also worth noting, the man being pulled out from under the car is wearing nothing resembling safety gear.

SxsGK-1dragged.jpg

I don't want to seem like an ass, but wouldn't it be a reasonable assumption he is at least partially responsible for his current condition by not wearing a helmet? It sucks he got so badly hurt but when you get behind the wheel of a car or on a motorcycle you are putting yourself at risk for that by not putting on a helmet or seatbelt.

SxsGK-1dragged.jpg

True, and I agree (as does the local race club), but that is a separate issue than the motorist pulling out in front of a rider and then standing around while he cooks to death. The rider made a bad choice to not wear gear. The motorist made a bad choice to pull out without looking, a decision made even worse when he stood around after with his thumb up his ass.

And yes, I have been in several crashes. I've been t-boned by a red light runner, rear ended by a phone texter and hit by a truck on the freeway while riding a motorcycle. In every case I was able to assess the situation and take appropriate action. I have also helped extract the driver of a big rig that was dangling from a bridge more than 60 feet off the ground. I then administereed first aid, assessed his mental status, treated for shock and gave a full report to EMTs when they arrived.

We all already know you're a superhero, but it looks to me like that guy was clearly unable to get a hold of his senses. He had no idea what to do with himself. I have no problem admitting that in the few smallish accidents I've been in, I had a few minutes of just being kind of shook up before realizing that I had some things I needed to do like call police, make sure I was ok, etc. Though now that I think of it, the very first thing I always did was get out and ask the other driver if they were ok.

The thing is, every time this happens with a motorcycle involved, people get up-in-arms about it. But this exact same thing happens with cars as well, and probably a lot more often. I've seen a couple accidents happen the same way, some clueless driver not paying attention pulling a left turn right in front of someone and causing an accident. Until you can find a way to completely eliminate all distractions on the road and insure that it's impossible for the driver to take their attention off the road, these sorts of accidents will continue to occur. Calling one or the other driver/rider an idiot isn't going to help anything. Trying to find out where they live so you can harass them isn't going to solve anything either. The only thing you can do is try to protect yourself. Always assume the drivers around you are going to do something stupid. And it also wouldn't be a bad idea to give some thought to your own personal safety when it comes to what type of vehicle you drive/ride and/or gear.

When I see riders riding with no gear or helmet, all I could think is that they sure don't seem to give a rats ass about their own personal safety, so why should anyone else? You can't bumble fuck your way though life, reckless as can be, and then cry and point fingers at everyone else when it comes back to bite you.