Post your automotive nemesis

For me it's not a car, it's a whole brand: Mercedes. Their politics ruined the DTM and I hate them for it.

Are you referring to the current DTM or the old one?

Never in my life have I met a Porsche Cayenne driver that wasn't an as***** (at least here). First of all, not only this is THE ugliest porsche ever made, complete sacrilege to the glorious brand, but also one of the ugliest cars, period.

Porsche_Cayenne-first-generation-auto-sales-statistics-Europe.png

Bonus points if it's a first generation. If you own a more recent Cayenne, then you probably are a rich as***** with no taste who didn't fancy Range Rover, BMW X, MB GL or any other luxury SUV. But, if you own a first generation one, that means that you bought it second, no, third-hand model for 6000? only to show off that you own a "fancy" porsche SUV, probably matching his fake Rolex watch and gaudy iPhone case with Swarovski crystals. For the price he could have bought a decent car and save on the maintenance, but no, gotta have an old ugly porsche. And since you drive a Porsche, traffic rules don't apply. What is merging? What are turn indicators? What is right of way?

Sorry for going into a rant :D And sorry if I offended any Cayenne owners :D

Last edited:
8EAWdMy.jpg

My dad had two of these while we lived in the UK. I hated them then, and I hate them now.

O2qP5bz.jpg

If I have to explain what' wrong here, you are beyond redemption.

Last edited:
On a Jaguar level, aftermarket leapers on coupes that were made after the XK150 really annoy me.
00505_4nUv3C9ySze_1200x900.jpg

Or on modern sedans (XF onward)
jaguarshot_jbttac.jpg

I know the gear.fi crew will stop inviting me to events for this, but I'll take the risk and hide behind my firewall after saying that I hate Citro?ns - all of them except the 2CV.

We will gladly invite you behind the sauna!

The 2CV is about the only old Citro?n I don't particularly like :lol:

On a Jaguar level, aftermarket leapers on coupes that were made after the XK150 really annoy me.
Or on modern sedans (XF onward)

Haha, those look really stupid. Now that I got used to smooth lines of X300, even on those cars leapers stick out like a sore thumb in my eyes now.

Just thought of some more:

FRS/BRZ. Every time I'm in my Miata and come across one of those, it's driven by a backward hat wearing douche who thinks he can drift and he inevitably tries to show off to me by revving his engine, weaving through traffic, or some other nonsense. I despise those cars.

Priuses. I live in the Boston area and 99% of Priuses are driven by elitist hippies who think that it's perfectly okay to dictate the "safe" traffic speed by going 5mph below the limit. They will never move out of the way either, no matter how much you flash your lights or how many cars pass them on the right (if highway) or in the incoming lane (if backroads).

I'm going to agree with the BRZ/FRS point. I love beating them in a drag race. :)

Everyone that knows me is well aware of my disdain for the Prius (and Tesla) so I figured I'd lay off that but now that multiple people have mentioned it I'll also support the anti-Prius anti-Telsa movement. I usually try and avoid being anywhere near these abominations but like you said when they on purpose go too slow 5~10mph or more under the limit and the super slow acceleration when the light turns green I have absolutely NO PROBLEM tailgating them and cutting them off really closely. Yes that makes me a dick in that specific situation, but, they are asshats and entitled douches so we're even. ;)

I think having an unnecessarily leaper on your Jag automatically classifies you as the specific kind of clueless old guy who will tack anything, anything on your car. Also happens with Mercedes-Benz and sometimes BMW.

clueless old guy who will tack anything, anything on your car. Also happens with Mercedes-Benz and sometimes BMW.
Hoo boy, I just found the holy grail of this while googling "fake vinyl roof":
cady2.jpg

I'm going to agree with the BRZ/FRS point. I love beating them in a drag race. :)

Everyone that knows me is well aware of my disdain for the Prius (and Tesla) so I figured I'd lay off that but now that multiple people have mentioned it I'll also support the anti-Prius anti-Telsa movement. I usually try and avoid being anywhere near these abominations but like you said when they on purpose go too slow 5~10mph or more under the limit and the super slow acceleration when the light turns green I have absolutely NO PROBLEM tailgating them and cutting them off really closely. Yes that makes me a dick in that specific situation, but, they are asshats and entitled douches so we're even. ;)
I actually haven't had any systemic issues with Teslas - they seem to just blend into regular traffic and not stand out by doing anything out of the ordinary.

cady2.jpg
Aftermarket-Car-Modifications-Car-Crushing-018.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Let me say those tops look great on a Dodge Dynasty or something with a formal roofline. It hasn't worked since.

05_300_full_c.jpg

Yeah...I can see what you mean. I suppose it could work in a modern Audi, seems to be boxy enough.

Haha, reading this thread probably proves what I've known for a long time... I have terrible taste in cars. All that have been previously mentioned here, I kinda like.

I don't actually hate any car, all have their places in the earth. I try to come up with something, but I tend to understand why they exist. N13 Sunny my mom had was pretty terrible, but I cannot say I hate that either... Damn this is hard.

I'll keep this post as a placeholder and edit this when I have come to a consensus.

I understand where you come from: bad and tasteless is always better than flat-out boring. Not to say you display a lack of taste with your cars, just that it's an acquired taste :mrgreen:

cady2.jpg

How about this.

8SsZV0o.jpg

Could've bought a convertible Camero, but nope, because reasons.

Or this awfulness

3OLRvLV.png

Last edited:
I actually haven't had any systemic issues with Teslas - they seem to just blend into regular traffic and not stand out by doing anything out of the ordinary.

Must be a local thing? My fellow DFW members can chime in here on this too!