Post your automotive nemesis

No words are required.

citroen-xsara-2007-sahara-gold-estate-picasso-vtx-16v-d224373eba3868e71c408d36b9121e4a.jpg

Fortunately in my new job I am deleting them from UK roads on a daily basis. :evil:

I only just discovered this was designed by the same Greek designer that also did the original Espace and the Matra Murena and Bagheera.

Espace and the Matra Murena and Bagheera.

Looking at those three, someone must've bought him some a circle guide to do rounded edges and he lost his mind.

I had one of those as a rental once, they are more horrible than you can possibly imagine, no space inside despite being a monospace, no boot, no power, and more importantly in the highlands, no brakes! Engine braking didn't do anything either since well, there hardly was an engine to speak of....

Horrid, horrid dangerous plastic deathtraps.

But they're so easy to get in and out of, you know.

No words are required.

citroen-xsara-2007-sahara-gold-estate-picasso-vtx-16v-d224373eba3868e71c408d36b9121e4a.jpg

Fortunately in my new job I am deleting them from UK roads on a daily basis. :evil:

And yet another one bites this dust this morning. :mrgreen:

Any French car post WW2 can fuck off and die in a giant firepit.

Awful, spongy, floaty, shitty shitey shite.

Sorry. I repress that a lot around other car people...

DS23?

You have no soul.

Champagne RX330. It looks like a boat, drives like a boat, and is topped off in the quintessential 50 year plus geezer color. And my mom has one exactly like it :barf:

2004-Lexus-RX-Savannah%20Metalic%20(Champagne)-8078244.jpg

Can't forget the RX300, RX400h, RX350. All of them. :barf:

Chevy SUV and trucks. They're not that great and they look like ass.

I'll play this nemesis game with two actual cars, instead of models, brands etc.

First, the older nemesis, Skoda Rapid. :D This was over 15 years ago already, but there was one like this parked at an opposite apartment building to one of my friends place. And as soon as I spotted it I started seeing it on daily basis, everywhere. White as well, which automatically made me hate it.

6141085273_717602e0e1_b.jpg

Pretty much the same story with a slightly more recent one, FSO Polonez. Spotted this gem 4 years ago while working on frankiess' RX-8 in a diy garage. And sure enough next summer it was everywhere, all the time!

8qqDF_nTLa6k7TAvbDTxxtoFJL2_-QqPNe18uyzNHRBzYSeldOjoTwci_dgNnGlCIk0_0sgPB-CzhecSx7QUeIu2SDz9Ob-3w0_MBQ=w1920-h1080-rw-no

Nothing against either of the model, but I did call both of them my nemesis at the time, as they seemed to follow me. :lol: I could draw with a much wider brush though. Any model that is bought mainly in white or grey gets my hate.

Any French car post WW2 can fuck off and die in a giant firepit.

Awful, spongy, floaty, shitty shitey shite.

Sorry. I repress that a lot around other car people...

Alpine A110? Peugeot 205 GTi? Renault 5 Turbo?

Anyway, my nemesis would be the Skoda 105/120.

QikUUdT.jpg
CcHrUGb.jpg

I fucking hate those things, they represent everything that was wrong with the political system, the industry and my homeland at the time. We could have gotten a Giugiaro-designed, front engine RWD sedan and possibly a wagon, but no. Instead, they modernized the 100/110 that was already hopelessly outdated when it was introduced, slapped some of the styling elements from the Italian design and called it a day. Then they produced it for another 14 years.

The Rapid Mikko posted might actually get a pass, because there was some actual effort put into it's development and the upgrades (5-speed, better brakes, different rear axle, bigger engine with more power) made it into a decent driver's car. It's also on the way to become an interesting youngtimer and the prices of decent enough, unmolested examples are not going to go down.