"Post Your Car" Forum Rules -- PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
I wonder, did I had a thread showing my car here before? Because I think I had one and can't find it. I'm not sure if I really had a thread here, can't remember exactly. Maybe some mod deleted it. Are threads deleted when there's no updates for a long time?

Koenig

So wait....what if our parents own some badass car that we want to share on the board. Where would we post that?

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'10 RX-8 R3, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Question: my car's thread was locked due to an inevitable argument that I may or may not have expedited with the wording of my post (but who's pointing fingers?)

Can I attempt to start fresh?

8bitter

Car(s)
BMW 530i
I wonder, did I had a thread showing my car here before? Because I think I had one and can't find it. I'm not sure if I really had a thread here, can't remember exactly. Maybe some mod deleted it. Are threads deleted when there's no updates for a long time?
Might be, otherwise they might outlast the Roman empire.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Rules have been updated. You can now post cars that you don't own as long as you clearly and plainly state that you don't own it. Proof still required.

This is mainly meant for posting cool cars that your parents own. It's unlikely that they are going to post pictures themselves after all. ;)

EDIT: Personally own that is -- you still have to know the owner.

Last edited:

Cavi Mike

Car(s)
1986 325e, 1987 Corolla, 2000 328Ci
The "proof of ownership" rule seems kind of stupid - but not because you need proof - because you only need to show a picture of the shifter.

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A7, Ford Fiesta Van, Honda NM4 Vultus
its not stupid, its just way how people are judged if they have manual or automatic car.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
The "proof of ownership" rule seems kind of stupid - but not because you need proof - because you only need to show a picture of the shifter.
Yes but short of posting a copy of the registration details and leaving yourself open to internet scammers it's the best solution.

Fortunately and unlike other web forums most of the people here are honest. Idiots and trolls tend to get weeded out pretty quickly.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Added new rule:

please include the car make and model somewhere in the thread title. Bad: "I bought another junker!". Good: "1970 AMC Gremlin: I bought another junker!"
- - - Updated - - -

If people are going to lie, there's no foolproof way to stop them. This rule is just to prevent people from slapping a sheet of paper on someone else's car since you have to have access to the interior. It's also hard to Photoshop.

Redliner

Will bore you to death with butterfly facts
DONOR
Hookers, deadly mosquitoes, pimps and drug dealers
Car(s)
2013 Palio Sporting
TheDuke, I think you are a bit confused.
This is a thread dealing with the rules of the "Post your car" section of the forums, not the actual place you put pictures of your car.
You should make a thread just for it, OK?

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
^that
and than also list all your modifi

cations

Status
Not open for further replies.