Post your random dashcam videos thread

Speaking of weather, I went to New York for the 4th and drove right through Hurricane Arthur.

This is where the rain went from a drizzle to a storm:

[video=youtube;Jv-M5ZekkOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv-M5ZekkOE&feature=youtu.be[/video]
(turn the volume down)

Last edited:
Funny, you were driving underneath that bridge and suddenly it pours down like nothing else. Like in an old computer game when you go from one part of the world in another. :lol:

First day of using Mini 0803 and already something worth publishing. Everything filmed within 15 mins:

Lets start with something positive, a nice US muscle car which my US car knowledge doesn't recognize (oncoming traffic in the from 4 to 8 seconds):

Then your regular yellow lights running by the red Getz lady:

Then a close call (not really, I saw it coming) by a lady who don't think it is necessary to stop to an intersection with poor visibility:

Last but not least, a Skoda driver doing what they do best, 100 +++ km/h at 60 km/h limit zone. Although it is in the middle of nowhere, but there are bus stops to which school buses stop and leave kids.

PS. bright sunlight does seem to drop the video quality down quite much it seems... Probably I should turn the camera even more down to show more dash and less sky.

Last edited:
It's not the bright sunlight, it's the constant transitions from sun to shade due to the trees. Too much data for the bitrate to handle.

Couple things my G1W captured today.

Some total blackout at traffic lights:

Some regular idiotic overtaking and turning a minute later:

And then a motorcyclist thinking driving at gravel isn't dangerous enough alone.

Couple things my G1W captured today.

I appreciate your dashcam idiots as much as the next guy, but I think you should consider making your videos shorter. In two of those videos, there's a minute or two of nothing before anything actually happens.

I appreciate your dashcam idiots as much as the next guy, but I think you should consider making your videos shorter. In two of those videos, there's a minute or two of nothing before anything actually happens.
Yeah, I've been trying to find a software that would allow snapping the unnecessary stuff out without hurting the quality too much or lasting forever. Windows Live Movie Maker seems to want to convert everything to wmv, and worsening the quality quite a lot. That last 15 sec clip I did with avidemux, which made better quality but the process took a lifetime... Converting speed was less than 1 fps...

Conversion to what? Using avidemux for cutting & compressing my G1W footage to x264 lets my many-years-old CPU do double digit fps.

Yeah, I've been trying to find a software that would allow snapping the unnecessary stuff out without hurting the quality too much or lasting forever. Windows Live Movie Maker seems to want to convert everything to wmv, and worsening the quality quite a lot. That last 15 sec clip I did with avidemux, which made better quality but the process took a lifetime... Converting speed was less than 1 fps...

You can cut the video on Youtube. Very simple.

He didn't just fall asleep right? That was some medical condition?

Video description says previously unknown medical condition caused him to pass out, yes.

Looks to me like cruise control kept the car moving.

You would think a New Edge Mustang would have traction control that kills the cruise when shit hits the fan.

Looks to me like cruise control kept the car moving.

You would think a New Edge Mustang would have traction control that kills the cruise when shit hits the fan.
Or did his right foot just stay on the pedal during the blackout?

Guess I'm not the only one to hate these bloody microcars.

The Avensis wagon came from the left, realized he/she was going to be stuck behind a plastic shitbox with a max speed of 45 and did what I call a "fuck that" maneuver. The best part? It's a 40km/h zone that has traffic lights about a minute further down the street. :lol:

Sorry for the mosquito graveyard on the windshield. So both BMW and moped have green light, but the BMW should yield because it is turning left. Looked a lot more dangerous IRL than in the video though.

Just saw this idiot van rushing to get to soccer practice. The Escape and I were both doing exactly speed limit. The Honda sped off like a madman after the pass, but I caught it at the light.

3k3koNY.jpg

Last edited: