Post your random dashcam videos thread

Is your dashcam mounted that badly or are your roads just that awful? :mrgreen:

Is your dashcam mounted that badly or are your roads just that awful? :mrgreen:

He's in Michigan. His roads really are that bad.

Camera mount might also be crap, but that's not the only reason his video's jolting around.

Its the road. Plus I have the shocks set to the firmest setting right now.

Didn't look like anyone was getting arrested. At least not yet. Wonder why they had so many cruisers there.

Also need to remount my dashcam so that its not sagging at an angle.

[video=youtube;WD20RBQvy-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD20RBQvy-0[/video]

:blink:

What? Why? And... how?

And it took me a while to realize that the camera wasn't a GoPro on your roof rack, and that those antennas really are in your view while driving. Care to elaborate on that?

:blink:

What? Why? And... how?

And it took me a while to realize that the camera wasn't a GoPro on your roof rack, and that those antennas really are in your view while driving. Care to elaborate on that?

Dumped car was found flipped on its roof with no wheels in the car park blocking access to the boat ramp. I stepped in with the landy and freed up some space so people could get around it until a tow truck arrived.

The aerials arent as bad as you might think, hardly notice them.

Bonus points for hitting bugs with them. :D

Bonus points for hitting bugs with them. :D

Worth a mention I sit on the right while driving also, so I only have the small UHF one in front. That took about a week to get used to but now I forget its there, until somebody mentions "how does the aerial not annoy you while driving" of course.

The large aerial on the right is a Phone aerial that connects to my phone cradle.

I also have a 3g/4g MIMO on the rear roof basket. (White thing top right corner)

1914703_10207749844178573_8372893882913609185_n.jpg

Nice trailer.

The aerials arent as bad as you might think, hardly notice them.

I guess I'm asking why you didn't put he antennas on the roof instead. I guess there's an idea behind having them on the bull bar, I'm interested to know why. :p

Cruising Woodward today, guy in a Charger tried to race me. Complete with 3 horn count down and all. Then he tried to race a WRX later.

:idiot: This is why cops hate cruisers.

Last edited:
Nice Datsun in that car park. The Mustang sounds great too. :)

Trying out some different mounting points using my old phone. Apologies for the poor quality at cut points, clutch pedal squeaks, and vertical view on #3 and #4.

1) Phone wedged underneath the passenger headrest. It was dark and I didn't realize that the headrest was blocking the view until I uploaded the video to my computer.

2) Phone stuck to the sunroof. Quality is very surface-dependent - smooth roads turned out okay but poor roads caused a lot of shaking.

3) Phone stuck to the driver-side front window, next to my head. Some spirited driving (and a missed shift) on my lunch break.

4) Camera stuck to the passenger-side front window. Really shaky for some reason.

Obviously not my footage, but good guy trucker :)

[video=youtube;-6N1n9yfj84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6N1n9yfj84[/video]

[edit]
From the same trucker, strong winds and black ice means sliding trucks while being stationary:

[/edit]

Last edited: