Post Your Watches

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Can anyone recommend something that isn't too pricey, analogue, classic-looking and not too blingy and most importantly reliably waterproof? The Breitling needs a service (?400-500!!) which I am, of course, saving for but in the meantime I need something reliable and that won't crap out on me if I forget to take it off before getting in the shower.

Budget up to ?100 but closer to ?50 would be preferable.

CD82

Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0 TDI
And he has managed to bugger it already. Forgot to take it off, got in the shower and now there is condensation behind the glass. Worse still he kept lying about how it happened so I'm equally pissed about him lying to me as I am about the watch being spoiled in the space of less than four weeks.
I bought the exact same watch (AGX041) so that my two proper watches can feel smug and superior (just joking). And I was wearing it during some exercise. Apparently it's not even sweat-proof. Because afterwards it started filling up with lots and lots of water drops on the glas and the clock-face. However, the water also went away completely within a couple of days without me doing any particularly hard attempts at drying the watch. Therefore it can't be all that water-tight... it's still working btw.

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3, #Toyota #MR2 #2ZZ
Can anyone recommend something that isn't too pricey, analogue, classic-looking and not too blingy and most importantly reliably waterproof? The Breitling needs a service (?400-500!!) which I am, of course, saving for but in the meantime I need something reliable and that won't crap out on me if I forget to take it off before getting in the shower.

Some sort of Seiko 5? Tons of different styles and many of them rated from 30m to 100m water resistance, though no screw-down crown. Not sure what UK prices are like but you can get them on Amazon for $50-$90 depending on the style. Does the presence of a mechanical movement matter?

LeVeL

Forum Addict

This just showed up :dance:

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
and that won't crap out on me if I forget to take it off before getting in the shower.
:hammer:

Don't wear watches in the shower.

Redliner

Will bore you to death with butterfly facts
DONOR
Hookers, deadly mosquitoes, pimps and drug dealers
Car(s)
2013 Palio Sporting

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
:hammer:

Don't wear watches in the shower.
Yes, yes, I know, but I've had (mainly) decent waterproof watches for the last 30 years so it's hard to get into the habit of taking a watch off before bathing. I will once the Breitling is serviced, I promise.

Meanwhile the ?13 Casio adorning my wrist is 50m waterproof and doing just fine.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
I woke up to see this: http://wornandwound.com/seiko-releases-four-jdm-mini-turtles-ref-srpc35k1-srpc37k1-srpc39k1-srpc41k1-two-new-turtle-colorways/

The SRPC23K1 looks damn good to me, but no pricing yet and since it states "JDM" I probably won't be seeing one any time soon.
What is it, Seiya Japan that has a good established business making the JDM stuff available over here? It will take a bit for them to show up I'd imagine, but getting them without much markup shouldn't too much of an issue.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Or I have a reason to stop in Japan next time I go to Taipei. I will pick up a Seiko and a few bottles of whiskey.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Been toying with the idea of a 24 hour wrist watch for a while, but I could never find one that I liked. It was all old and battered russian RAKETAS.

Now, though, I found one that's manufactured new and looks great. UNO 24 by BOTTA.

Starts at around ?350, though. :/

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
Don't forget that Raketas have minute hands. That makes them a lot more useful. I've worn a 12h single-hand watch for a while, and I can't say I miss being slightly confused every time I look at my wrist.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
MXM;n3541519 said:
Don't forget that Raketas have minute hands. That makes them a lot more useful. I've worn a 12h single-hand watch for a while, and I can't say I miss being slightly confused every time I look at my wrist.
They also offer one with minutes and seconds, but that starts at 650. D: