Post Your Watches

Interesting way to make watches starts about 3:45 in.

Breguet watches don't retain their value particularly well so a second-hand sample could be within reach in the future.

ahpadt;n3543465 said:
Breguet watches don't retain their value particularly well so a second-hand sample could be within reach in the future.
Not much does besides Patek and the crown.

Mark355;n3543631 said:
Not much does besides Patek and the crown.

Sure, however as far as I understand, Breguets likely to plummet much more in value in percentage compared to say a a Speedmaster or Navitimer.

Labcoatguy;n3552589 said:
Nabster rocks. That is all.

Do explain.
In unrelated news, my Casio suffered a nasty gash while I was fixing the faucet in the bathroom and soon after stopped working. You served me well for many years.
I need a replacement.

Redliner;n3552641 said:
Do explain.
In unrelated news, my Casio suffered a nasty gash while I was fixing the faucet in the bathroom and soon after stopped working. You served me well for many years.
I need a replacement.

RIP Casio.

Nabster refurbished my old Seiko diver with a new movement and cleaned it up using bits from a parts watch. Just a great watchmaker who's as willing to be work on these basic Seikos as a multi-figure Swiss mechanical.

Labcoatguy;n3552643 said:
RIP Casio.

Nabster refurbished my old Seiko diver with a new movement and cleaned it up using bits from a parts watch. Just a great watchmaker who's as willing to be work on these basic Seikos as a multi-figure Swiss mechanical.

I don't know Nabster enough, but he always came across as an enthusiast, who will be doing a great work in nice watches, regardless of price. :D

Save for the fact that I struggle to find adequate time to sit down and do proper work at home :lol: And poor BlaRo has to wait longer for his stuff because of that :-(

The bracelet of my Steinhart is falling to pieces, so until I can source a replacement, I can't wear it anymore. I was planing to stop by the Steinhart shop a few weeks ago since it was basically on my route between Ringmeet and my Austrian destination, but rental car troubles caused too much delays, I had to skip it.

Took my Citizen Blue Angel Skyhawk Titanium out of my night stand, and after a few minutes in the sun, it came back to life :)

Last edited:
RdKetchup;n3552763 said:
The bracelet of my Steinhart is falling to pieces...[/url]
I have no opinion on Steinhart, but it made me think of this, that made me laugh when I saw it on instagram...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-mxp1-1.cdninstagram.com\/vp\/806d371f25e23f42feacf461acff1062\/5C1DEF65\/t51.2885-15\/e35\/39244161_2233832446849295_6254445996227428352_n.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Nabster;n3552739 said:
Save for the fact that I struggle to find adequate time to sit down and do proper work at home :lol: And poor BlaRo has to wait longer for his stuff because of that :-(

No worries. Nabster's been kind enough to rebuild a few inexpensive pieces I've acquired over the past year or so, and it was illuminating to pick his brain for this article I wrote for Worn & Wound last year: A Restoration Story: Breathing New Life Into a $45 Timex “Roulette"

One of my favorite pieces he worked on for me was this Seiko 661908110, from October 1966, one of my oldest Seikos in my collection. As early a Seiko 5 as you can get, with the 5 Sportsmatic line introduced in 1963.

Attachments

• photo17598.jpg
    photo17598.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
BlaRo;n3552826 said:
No worries. Nabster's been kind enough to rebuild a few inexpensive pieces I've acquired over the past year or so, and it was illuminating to pick his brain for this article I wrote for Worn & Wound last year: A Restoration Story: Breathing New Life Into a $45 Timex “Roulette"

One of my favorite pieces he worked on for me was this Seiko 661908110, from October 1966, one of my oldest Seikos in my collection. As early a Seiko 5 as you can get, with the 5 Sportsmatic line introduced in 1963.

Whoa...Seiko 5 <3

IceBone;n3329390 said:

So, after over 2 years of daily wear, it looks like the bracelet is about to give up the ghost, so I ordered a replacement from MVMT. Same colour leather and buckle.

MT9HNrT.jpg

A box arrives!

AI4Uxc5.jpg

There is a box within a box!

AOLWxtW.jpg

And a bag within a box within a box!

J5TWcRr.jpg

And a bracelet in a bag within a box within a box.

kkpOB8B.jpg

This is the same colour. Yes.

Fyc78AN.jpg

Old bracelet off.

M6jFGsP.jpg

New bracelet on. I like.

utZHdTt.jpg
​​​​​​​

Just the usable ones are shown. I also have a 1960s Vulcain Cricket and a 1939 Bulova Admiral but they're out for service.

I have a new object of desire.
https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands...t-ref-sbgc219/

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/timeandtidewatches.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2017\/03\/Grand-Seiko-Spring-Drive-GMT-3-1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

sec1-image.png

I can't decide between the blue and the black.

I finally did it: pulled the trigger on an Omega Speedmaster FOIS. Still wrapping my head around the idea of a watch that costs more than a usable car, but overall I like it.

An Omega Speedmaster is pretty much all the watch I'll ever need.
Good purchase!

Very smart example, understated and stylish. I approve.