Post Your Watches

497_02.jpg

That's how I keep time!

coldwarrior.jpg

This is one of four I have, a hand-wind Russian ex-military watch from eBay. It's hilarious how shoddily it was made, with ripply glass and a floppy screw-down crown. Ah, commies, how you failed.

^atleast the numbers are cool. you've got four of those??

http://img219.imageshack.**/img219/7710/watcheslp6.jpg

High-rez:
http://img228.imageshack.**/img228/6528/watcheszv3.th.jpg[/img]

On the wine bottle:
Left: Relic with day, date, and 24 hour dial
Right: Timex chronograph with indiglo face

Lower Row:
Far left: cheap Timex digital I wore for Halloween last year when I went as Arthur Dent.

From the top down, second colum:
Grandfather's 7 jewel shooting stopwatch
Cheap "$10" Pocket watch that always looses time
My old Crotton watch, so worn out the plating is worn through on the back

Brown cuff style is a Fossil
Eddie Bauer retro-styled rectangular face.
The lower steel watch is my favorite, a Maurice Lacroix that was my 21st birthday present - time, date, and 12 hour chronograph. The second hand in the lower small dial while the large face "second hand" is used for the chronograph seconds. Beneath the white second hand is a silver one that measures the chronograph minutes. The top left dial is hours up to 12 and the top right is tenths of a second.

Rings:
Top: Titanium with Celtic carved knot pattern.
Bottom: Hand made sterling silver Hopi
Left: Hand made gold and silver Hopi - no longer fits and it can't be sized because the pattern goes all the way around.

Far right watch: This is my Grandfather's Army issue watch. It was issued to all troops in the D-Day invasion and he wore it when he hit Utah beach. It's spring driven and keeps perfect time. The band has been replaced many times and the crystal is cracked but not shattered. I still wear it from time to time. The back is stamped USN - as this particular watch was issued by the US Navy because my grandfather was shore fire control, meaning he was in radio contact with USS Nevada and directing the fire from her 14 inch main battery to German positions up to 30 miles inland. This made him a prime target for any Germans in the area - each one of those shells (ten per broadside) weighed almost as much as a car and would leave a crater that could hold a small home.

The Maurice Lacroix and the Relic (black leather band) are the ones I wear the most. I wear the titanium ring most the time (I just got it) so I don't scrape up the soft silver of the Hopi ring.

In addition to the upcoming fake breitling I already posted in the other thread I have this:

http://img96.imageshack.**/img96/8300/swatchnz9.jpg

Mine is with a blue facia, but otherwise similar

and for sporting needs (when its nice to have a watch that doens't weight a kilo...) I have

http://img146.imageshack.**/img146/9793/nikeyn4.jpg

Again, mines black but still...

I'm currently wearing a hybrid. The face and some of the strap is a cheap balck Lorus. The other part of the starp and the clasp is from a Slazenger. It looks a bit dodgy as the links don't actually match or look even remotely similar.

I used to have a Junghans atomic mega funkuhr which was radio controlled , so I always had perfect time . But the strap broke and it's a composite one I think so I've never been able to find spare parts for it aparts in Germany, and it's so old now anyway ! (6-7years probably and didn't use this watch for at least 3years but still working !).

Edit: Now I use my mobile phone to give me time. :lol:

EMPORIO_ARMANI_GENTS_CLASSIC_AR0115.jpg

thats my every day watch at the moment, bargain on ebay, got it about ?150 less than retail :D

My current watch (Camel Active 618.5170-5179), which was a gift from one of my dad's friends:

sans_titre-numerisation-032.jpg

The case it came in doubles as a CD wallet. :thumbup:

My other watch is a cheap digital one I bought for 40 Riyals, and instead of always showing the time, it scrolls by on the display, along with the date. It doesn't have many features aside from an alarm and stopwatch, but it's the only watch I've ever owned that's gotten compliments from people. I used to have a really nice digital watch, which had three time zones (2 digital + 1 analog), time and date on the same display, chrono, and a countdown timer.

Fossil..not sure what model :?

http://img56.imageshack.**/img56/3861/image1pw9.jpg

I use this one daily:

EF-510D-1AVEF.jpg

And for special occasions, i use this:

TagHeuerCT5114BA0550_big.jpg

Those are both pretty nice Ethan... not my taste, but good taste nonetheless.

Is that a quartz or a self-winding?

My dad had a Seiko similar to that. His was self winding and had a huge case around the bezel; it was heavily built and felt like you could use it as a hammer if you needed to.

That Seiko is a really nice watch, thought about buying one last year, but in the end I've chose this one
DSC01088.jpg

This one was my everyday life watch for about 6 years
DSC01087.jpg

Furthermore there are these two
DSC01091.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

Those BMW M watches are so awesome and '80s... what's the story behind them?