Preventing cartheft/breakins

kurthest

Car(s)
2008 BMW 335i Coupe (e92)
I got a tip from someone who said his car never gets broken in to, he has experienced cars on both sides of his being broken in to while his was untouched.
And that is despite of the fact he leaves his GPS and other stuff visible for all to see.
He said he has a sticker on windows at both sides and the back window saying "Support your local Hell's Angels", and he believes that is the reason why it doesnt get broken in to.

Now he was unable to get hold of more stickers, so does anyone know where you can get authentic Hell's Angels stickers to put on your car ?

wa4ikk.jpg

Yap, nice idea. Especially when you actually meet Hells Angels and they identify you as an imposter.

^ ... or a bunch of Bandidos who mistake you for a real 'Angel'.... :lmao:

Well you want an idea that may actually work? Sign in the window saying "OSLO POLICE - car theft bait car" (substitute in any local Police force you care for).

Why will this work? Ask your self, would you steal a car that just may really be a bait car?

You would look so stupid in front of you criminal friends - not worried about the gaol time, more worried about the loss of face. No loads of cars out there try another one!

THIS.

Well you want an idea that may actually work? Sign in the window saying "OSLO POLICE - car theft bait car" (substitute in any local Police force you care for).

Why will this work? Ask your self, would you steal a car that just may really be a bait car?

You would look so stupid in front of you criminal friends - not worried about the gaol time, more worried about the loss of face. No loads of cars out there try another one!

Like with the urban myth in germany that a "Gewerkschaft der Polizei" ("police union") sticker will save you from being pulled over/getting parking tickets, it's more likely that it will get you in trouble from the other side, i.e. a Hell's Angels supporter's badge will bring you in conflict with Gremium MC, Bandidos MC and/or the law, depending on where you live, while a police union badge more likely will get your car keyed by someone who does not like cops than save you from trouble with them.

Not to mention D_Fence's objection: Most groups with harsh membership requirements of any kind (from fraternities over biker clubs up until the bar or medical association) don't treat imposter's kindly.

Last edited:
badum-tish.jpg

Edit: Beat me to it. :(

It was really a rhetorical question... I pieced that together myself.

The type of car doesn't necessarily stop someone from breaking in. In college (98 or 99), a friend of mine had his 89 Buick Regal stolen by some joyriders. It was found a few weeks later abandoned with nothing missing, just a smashed out window.

Yap, nice idea. Especially when you actually meet Hells Angels and they identify you as an imposter.

Didnt really think about those aspects..
In retrospect, it would seem the most appealing option is to let people break in to the car :?

stock_the_club.jpg

The ultimate anti-theft device. Will deter all thieves. Just three easy payments of $19.99.

^This works better(if you fancy carrying the wheel with you or you can stick it in the trunk and nobody will know):

DSCN5714.jpg

2087217550102890423S600x600Q85.jpg

I can one-up that.

RedneckCarLock.jpg

Correction. That way your bumper can't get towed.

I might be missing the humour (again) but the tow lug is directely connected to the car's frame, so you won't lose your bumper. More likely the tow company guy will use a bolt cutter on the lock and charge a premium for it ;)

Ah, I didn't see that. Nevermind.

I still can't stop picturing the resulting tug-of-war in my head though.