News: Prius demand outstrips supply

GT - R

FinalGear Forza 3 Time Attack Winner
Car(s)
Skyline GTR (Someday)
Buyers of Toyota?s Prius are facing waiting times of up to nine months in Japan as the company struggles to keep up with demand for the car.

The Tsutsumi plant in Japan, the only producer of Priuses worldwide, has a global backlog of 100,000 cars as demand for the new hybrid outstrips supply.

Latest sales figures show that one in 10 cars currently sold in Japan is a Prius.

In the UK, meanwhile, Toyota is quoting a wait of 10 weeks for a new Prius.

In "Autocar.co.uk"

So many idiots in the world, why is there not a backlog of 100,000 Golf diesels?!

Toyota is now thanking Al Gore. Probably handing him a nice check too.

A relevant picture
http://img269.imageshack.**/img269/5862/explodingprius001.jpg

So many idiots in the world, why is there not a backlog of 100,000 Golf diesels?!

Because VW's US and Japanese marketing efforts are run by incompetent boobs, as is their QC departments? :p

Clear example that putting a ?green? sticker in anything will help the sales. Think about it, if the failus wasn't a hybrid it would've been dead in the early part of the decade

A relevant picture
http://img269.imageshack.**/img269/5862/explodingprius001.jpg

:lol:

Imagine all Priususussses on the road spontaneously exploding like that at the same time. How awesome would that be...oh wait, there are at least three of the damn things on my street. :censored:

Well, the Gov recently started an incentive scheme for eco-cars. I don't know the exact details, but cars achieving certain fuel economy and emissions qualify for tax breaks and price reductions. The Prius has done particularly well, my friend just bought one. They're everywhere. You also have to take (small) fleet sales into account. Oh, and there are increasing numbers of Prius taxis.

Last edited:
Because VW's US and Japanese marketing efforts are run by incompetent boobs, as is their QC departments? :p

That's not fair to the marketing guys. No celebrity will come to a talk show and proudly state that they own a Golf Diesel...

That would be much too... sensible.