Private Message Usage for New Members

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Effective immediately:
If you have registered after February 20th 2011, you cannot use the Private Message system unless manually authorized by the forum staff.

This is a direct response to assholes who register to harass and intimidate members of our community.

In order to activate your Private Messaging, you need to make a single reply to this thread requesting for the use of it, along with a valid reason for the usage.

To quote All Your Base...: What happen?!

someone set up us the bomb

I think Q explained it nicely, but I wouldn't mind a few juicy details myself. :)

I suspect some more random insult bots sneaked onto the forum and started spamming inboxes with death threats starting with "Die painfully".

Never heard of insult bots before, is Anon remotely trolling now?

I realize this thread is not meant to be a discussion thread, but I feel this needs to be said:

a valid reason for the usage.
I hope "I want to exchange private messages with other members here" is valid enough. Your wording can be read to be meant more restrictive...

I hope "I want to exchange private messages with other members here" is valid enough. Your wording can be read to be meant more restrictive...
That is a valid reason, however we will check more than their reason-- IPs, previous posts, location, etc, and it will be up to our discretion to enable the feature.

click on their name above the avatar, you get a drop down menu.

I humbly requests enabling of exchange of PM with other members here!

I humbly requests enabling of exchange of PM with other members here!
Denied. Your request is to get torrent site invites, which is against the forum rules.

I like to request usage of the PM in this the forums, so i can participate in club activities in the Forza forums.

how long does it take to clear somebody for usage of PM's. I just missed a part of my club activity i wanted to be apart of. I really like to join them. can someone please help me out.

Last edited:
Some forums only let you use PM's are posting at least 20 'intelligent' posts.