R.I.P. Lieutenant47 aka James Stouffer

Even though I didn't talk to him in anyway, I will still pay my respects.

RIP Lieutenant47.

Sudden deaths are always quite shocking. =(

James naturally became fluent in Italian and during his time in Italy had many adventures, including driving his Fiat off a mountain road and onto the top of an olive tree in the Italian countryside (by accident, of course).

A man that did this kinda stuff in life deserves to be paid respects. Enjoy up there in the sky...

Last edited:
My deepest condolences to his family.

Rest in peace mate.

Wow, 'tis sure sad news to wake up to. Actually noticed it first from facebook by MWF's status update. I'll just blatantly copy what I managed to write there:

At a loss for words myself here. Kinda like someone would've said that James Bond just died, that just doesn't happen. Rest in peace Lieutenant, but remember to keep it interesting wherever you are.

At ease, sailor.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/rh/rhubarb/2011/08/04/salute_smiley2.gif

I've never really talked to him directly, but I saw some of his posts and would have been genuinely interested in what he had to add to the conversation....

I've been pretty distant to FG these past few months, and I'm going to try to get a lot closer to the community than right now in the near future.

I bet I would have loved spending hours talking with him, he seemed like a great guy all around....

RIP Lieutenant....

Now I'm very sad I didn't know him. Rest in light and love, Lieutenant. :cry:

Unfortunately, I did not have the pleasure of reading his posts but my condolences nonetheless.

At least he seemed to live life to the fullest.

Still, such a great shame to lose such a great man. RIP.

At ease, sailor.

I'm just gonna stand behind that, also as a former Navy dude. Didn't know the guy, but I'm sure he will be missed.

RIP Lieutenant47.

RIP Lieutenant, your posts were always good and you seemed like a kick ass guy!

He indeed was the most interesting man. Such a good read on those NSFW posts. You will be sadly missed and my condolences to his family.

..Didn't a discussion about this topic surface a while back? R.I.P. Lieutenant. :(

Not too long ago, it ended with the conclusion that if someone dies, the forums he used to frequent find out eventually.

Yes, we did have a brief discussion of it lately.

I was rather hoping that we'd not have to see a demonstration of one of the oddest social phenomenons known to the Internet for quite some time. I've seen it too many times and if it's someone you spoke with regularly, it's a real kick in the teeth.

Rest in peace, Lieutenant James Stouffer, United States Navy.